Happy for Polley | The Boneyard

Happy for Polley

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
So happy for Tyler. He has always been a knock-down shooter, which this team sorely needs. Had bad luck last year tearing his ACL just after he broke out and started showing his all-around game. And while Whaley stepped up last year with his minutes, the team still lacked a long-range shooter.

Tonight Polley looked just as smooth as he did pre-injury... quick release and shooting in rhythm with confidence. He even pump-faked a 3, stepped up, and drained a long 2. Great to see the confidence is there after a tough injury. Must have been brutal rehabbing from that during COVID. Kudos to him.

Reaction Score
Yup. Was thrilled to see him out there looking healthy and playing well. We all absolutely hated seeing him go down last season and that makes this more enjoyable. Will be interesting if he remains a starter with Martin and AJax who also play the 3. I think his shooting gives him the edge for now unless one of those two guys plays too good to keep off the floor.

Reaction Score
So happy for Tyler. He has always been a knock-down shooter, which this team sorely needs. Had bad luck last year tearing his ACL just after he broke out and started showing his all-around game. And while Whaley stepped up last year with his minutes, the team still lacked a long-range shooter.

Tonight Polley looked just as smooth as he did pre-injury... quick release and shooting in rhythm with confidence. He even pump-faked a 3, stepped up, and drained a long 2. Great to see the confidence is there after a tough injury. Must have been brutal rehabbing from that during COVID. Kudos to him.
I loved seeing the play early where he took it to the rim and got fouled (I think). That confidence to take what the defense was giving instead of just jacking threes was a huge part of his pre-injury breakout and you’re never quite sure how that comes back after such a bad injury. He looked really good.

Reaction Score
Lot of the team has added some lean muscle to their frames, good job by the strength coach

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When he has time to do that little hop to set himself, it seems it always goes in.

Reaction Score
I am thrilled for Polley as well, he is a great knock down shooter that will prove very big for us in more big time games. However, I still remain skeptical of him on the defensive side of the floor as our starting power forward. Even against small ball line ups like last night, he got beat off the dribble a number of times and was not able to recover. I felt like he was one of the weaker defenders, especially on ball.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I am thrilled for Polley as well, he is a great knock down shooter that will prove very big for us in more big time games. However, I still remain skeptical of him on the defensive side of the floor as our starting power forward. Even against small ball line ups like last night, he got beat off the dribble a number of times and was not able to recover. I felt like he was one of the weaker defenders, especially on ball.
I also felt his defense was a step slower than last season. But he wasn't playing tentatively and as time progresses he should be back to last season's form. Felt last season he was the 2nd best defensive player on the team behind Christian. Although an argument could be made Whaley was ahead of him.

This season he might end up being the fourth best behind Andre, Tyrese and Cole.

Reaction Score
I also felt his defense was a step slower than last season. But he wasn't playing tentatively and as time progresses he should be back to last season's form. Felt last season he was the 2nd best defensive player on the team behind Christian. Although an argument could be made Whaley was ahead of him.

This season he might end up being the fourth best behind Andre, Tyrese and Cole.
And Akok when he comes back

Reaction Score

Knowing many who have suffered ACL injuries, they all have said the same thing. The explosiveness is the last thing to come back. That first step, for whatever reason, seems slow to come back to players, but his size will help him for now. And being less than 12 months from the injury, there is hope that it will return.

I just loved that he didn't shy away from contact. That is often the big mental hurdle for athletes who have suffered a major injury.

Reaction Score
Ty Polley had 14 points 7 rebounds on 50% shooting on day 1 game 1 after serious injury.

Keep sleeping on him.

Polley needs to be number 2 option on offense after Bouk.

#FeedPolley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog