Happy Feet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Happy Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Whitmer did good and I'll be the first to admit that after bashing him this week, BUT he did play against a defense that ranks 121 in pass defense, thats just about dead last in the NCAA, they're horrible against the pass. The problem this week was the o-line, they were very inconsistent and Obi? WTF has happened to him? they were chopping him up on D.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If you watched that game and weren't a bit surprised how well Whitmer played... I don't have any idea what you've been watching the last 2+ years.

Agreed. I thought he made good reads throughout the game. His first INT was the right read, just slightly under thrown (by about a foot on an out-route pattern) and their guy made a great play to get the pick. It happens. Second INT was ripped out of Davis' hands and returned for a TD. Not on Whitmer.

The sacks aren't all on Whitmer either. There were plays that the Boise front got though our pass protection like a hot knife through butter. If anything, I'd rather Whitmer take a sack than throw up a 50/50 ball under pressure. I don't have a problem with Whitmer on most of these sacks.

I thought his accuracy was better today than in the first two games. The first TD throw to Bloom was his best throw of the year. The TD throw to Davis was also well thrown and the ensuing 2-pt conversion was a nice extension play.

Today was definitely Whitmer's best game of the year. Ball security, pass protection and Obi are my biggest concerns after 3 games. I like that Boyle's redshirt was burned and I do think he should play this year to keep him game fresh. But the criticism of Whitmer over today's game is very unfair.

Reaction Score
I was gonna watch them, but after 3 times of watching rg3 and justin tuck argue about subway, I don't want to do that anymore. Perhaps I should say they should have given him a check down option since the oline was playing so bad.

You're half way there, don't quit on me now!!! :D

Reaction Score
There were so many unblocked rushers today. Can't believe anyone would use this as something to criticize Whitmer for.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
WingU-Conn said:
He got sacked 8 times today. One time they rushed 4 on 6, and he got hit by 2 defenders. What impact do you think that has on his decision making? If he's scrambling too early on plays that don't result in sacks, what happened in the 7 videos? Surely a throw away or no gain would be better than a sack?

Yes but I would prefer he just step up in the pocket sometimes and keep looking downfield and try to make a play. Some qbs just have this sense. You saw Casey do it and that's why he didn't have nearly the same amount of sacks with the same crappy line.

Reaction Score
This post, in trying to determine whether the qb has happy feet. concentrates only on the sacks to determine this. He has ignored every other pass attempt. Does anyone not see the lunacy in this?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Agreed. I thought he made good reads throughout the game. His first INT was the right read, just slightly under thrown (by about a foot on an out-route pattern) and their guy made a great play to get the pick. It happens. Second INT was ripped out of Davis' hands and returned for a TD. Not on Whitmer.

The sacks aren't all on Whitmer either. There were plays that the Boise front got though our pass protection like a hot knife through butter. If anything, I'd rather Whitmer take a sack than throw up a 50/50 ball under pressure. I don't have a problem with Whitmer on most of these sacks.

I thought his accuracy was better today than in the first two games. The first TD throw to Bloom was his best throw of the year. The TD throw to Davis was also well thrown and the ensuing 2-pt conversion was a nice extension play.

Today was definitely Whitmer's best game of the year. Ball security, pass protection and Obi are my biggest concerns after 3 games. I like that Boyle's redshirt was burned and I do think he should play this year to keep him game fresh. But the criticism of Whitmer over today's game is very unfair.

The second interception is what is known as a 'fumble'.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes but I would prefer he just step up in the pocket sometimes and keep looking downfield and try to make a play. Some qbs just have this sense. You saw Casey do it and that's why he didn't have nearly the same amount of sacks with the same crappy line.

Yeah I'd prefer he be Payton Manning. He's what we've got and he stepped up. I can't believe I'm the positive one.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The second interception is what is known as a 'fumble'.

Oh I agree - hence my opinion that it shouldn't be slapped against Whitmer. Unfortunately, Whitmer got slapped with the INT on that play.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The greatest gift the Boneyard has given me is a list of favorite players.

When the Boneyard kills a guy who doesn't deserve it I add them to the list.

Taliek Brown captains this league of extraordinary gentlemen. Welcome aboard Chandler.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh I agree - hence my opinion that it shouldn't be slapped against Whitmer. Unfortunately, Whitmer got slapped with the INT on that play.

The internet is a terrible conduit for humor.

Reaction Score

If you watched the links, you'd see there are times when he does just that and gets sacked.

Casey didn't play with this same crappy line. The line was actually better last year, as hard as it is to believe.

Reaction Score
Whitmer played well. I didn't watch any of the videos posted, but it was clear as day the line was the issue. Whitmer took a lot of criticism last week because he played terribly and missed numerous open receivers. However, if he played well and we beat Stony Brook by 14, it would have only masked the glaring deficiency of the line.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
WingU-Conn said:
If you watched the links, you'd see there are times when he does just that and gets sacked. Casey didn't play with this same crappy line. The line was actually better last year, as hard as it is to believe.

I was talking about this year against byu during the god awful qb shuffle.

Reaction Score
This post, in trying to determine whether the qb has happy feet. concentrates only on the sacks to determine this. He has ignored every other pass attempt. Does anyone not see the lunacy in this?

Believe it or not it's hard to find video highlights of incompletions and scrambles for 5 yards.

But his long completions are available, you want to dissect those?

So should I put you in the camp that thinks he stays in the pocket too long, or did you not actually bother reading the first sentence of the first post?

Reaction Score
Believe it or not it's hard to find video highlights of incompletions and scrambles for 5 yards.

But his long completions are available, you want to dissect those?

So should I put you in the camp that thinks he stays in the pocket too long, or did you not actually bother reading the first sentence of the first post?

Its not important where I stand on the issue, but I am firmly in one camp. What I am saying is if you really want to try and determine it, you would have to breakdown every single pass attempt.

Reaction Score
None of our QB's will look great behind this line at this stage. And Chandler did some good things today. Overall it could have been a winning effort. That said, we have the supporting cast we have and some of Chandlers physical limitations will make it difficult to throw over pressure or make a play or a tough throw down the stretch to win a close game. I think we saw him play almost his best today despite the sacks and int's. Question is whether that gets us where we want to be this year or next. If we can't pull off a winning record with the experienced starter then you have to ask what the end game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom