Happy Birthday Paige!

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday from Your Best Friend! azzi35
A535CC5D-2C5D-439D-8F32-49B00EA2E6DF.png

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Happy Birthday, Paige! We are excited to have you and looking forward to supporting you and screaming at your games (or at the TV during the pandemic). You are a Husky for life!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Since the subject was raised, players from Europe typically go through secondary school until they are 19, and Americans whose birthdays are late in the calendar year often turn 19 in the fall of their freshman year. The WNBA allows players who turn 22 in the calendar year of the draft to enter the draft. Which players meet this?

Megan Walker
Paige Bueckers
Azzi Fudd
Napheesa Collier

Anna Makurat
Nika Muhl
Satou Sabally

In addition, Evina Westbrook will be WNBA eligible next year.

I have no idea which players might leave "early," but for those Boneyarders who think Geno has too many good players, don't assume that all of them will stay for 4 years. If Geno is hedging against early departures, I like his approach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
OMG, a wizard with a deceptive grin and no-look passes. :eek: Who wouldn't like to play with her? You run the floor, you get the ball. I can see her getting a lot of assists because Aubrey and Christyn love to run the floor on fast breaks. :D
Every time I watch one of these I find new things to marvel at. She is such a complete player. The no look passes, the jumper on the run, the stutter step to free herself up, the great outlet passes, the fake pass into a layup... I cannot wait for the games to start so that I can watch those jaw dropping moments in real time.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
One thing in Paige's interview was that she said she needs to adjust her game to always bring up the ball by running full speed and Evina is on her to do that At Hopkins, she was often very deliberate but Geno wants fast break speed on each play.

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Ms. PB, here hoping your coaches and teammates will celebrate your birthday in their best way and custom.

Reaction Score
Looks like Paige and Azzi are as close as ever, I think that bodes well for the future, gotta like that lil factoid :D

Reaction Score
One thing in Paige's interview was that she said she needs to adjust her game to always bring up the ball by running full speed and Evina is on her to do that At Hopkins, she was often very deliberate but Geno wants fast break speed on each play.
Good point, I have noticed that on her videos as well. We have a team that will want to get out and go, so Paige may have to be sped up a bit. By the way that is not an issue with Nika at all, you can see on her clips that she always seems to push the pace. The good news is I'm sure Paige can do that and get used to pushing the ball up the floor.

Reaction Score
I remember being 19... Kind of... Sort of. Have a wonderful birthday, and thank you for choosing UConn!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I hope the opposing teams have good medical personnel because PB is going to leave a lot of players with some very soar ankles.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I hope the opposing teams have good medical personnel because PB is going to leave a lot of players with some very soar ankles.

and then Christyn will leave them sore all over. :cool:

Reaction Score
Kind of like what James Worthy said about Magic Johnson, "you best keep your eyes up [on Magic] lest you get whupped upside the head!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom