Happy Birthday Kia Nurse | The Boneyard

Happy Birthday Kia Nurse

Reaction Score
Thanks for that, Lynx23. Kia is my favorite Husky of all time, as many of you probably know from my posts. Hope we do get to see the seniors' night festivities in full... After last night's hockey result, I could use a really good cry. :)

Reaction Score
Happy Birthday Kia ~~~
happy-birthday-cake-22-happy-22th-birthday-alison-van-uytvanck-tennisforum-recipe.jpg

Reaction Score
Thanks for that, Lynx23. Kia is my favorite Husky of all time, as many of you probably know from my posts. Hope we do get to see the seniors' night festivities in full... After last night's hockey result, I could use a really good cry. :)

I hear you. I became a fan as soon as she committed to UCONN, mostly because I'm part Canadian. I remember some posters being puzzled by her being recruited but I guess she's answered her doubters. My favorite player will always be Maya but Kia is a close second, in part because she thrived while overshadowed by more offense-minded players and displayed a certain grit and toughness through it all. The fact that Gabby joins her in graduation makes it doubly difficult. The HBO series last year allowed us into the personal lives of all the players and, of course, Kia was always front and center, not afraid of a camera, and I suspect that's where she'll be when her professional basketball career comes to a close. A lot of personality will be graduating this year, and that includes Gabby. I'd love to see Kia and Maya side-by-side on the Lynx but that's not something I can control. In the meantime, I suppose Kia has a shot at the 10-player All-American team, which would mean a place on the wall. But if not, maybe Geno will let that Canadian flag hang from the rafters a little while longer.

Reaction Score
Talk about a player who has taken advantage of every minute of the opportunity to learn from Geno to realize every ounce of her potential. A player who's became one of the best in the nation through sheer grit and determination. One who makes me very proud to be a Canadian. If she does make the 10-player team, then it looks like I will be crying twice in the space of about a month. :eek:

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wonder if Kia will get happy birthday wishes from her cousin Sarah, who played for the Canadian National Hockey Team last night in their OT/penalty shootout loss to the U.S. in the gold medal game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wonder if Kia will get happy birthday wishes from her cousin Sarah, who played for the Canadian National Hockey Team last night in their OT/penalty shootout loss to the U.S. in the gold medal game.
She had some moments in the game. The kid's a player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom