OT: - Happy Birthday Keith Richards | The Boneyard

OT: Happy Birthday Keith Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I wanted to say Happy 77th Birthday to my avatar Keith Richards. Keith has many hilarious one liners. This is one of my favorites. "Let me be clear about this. I don't have a drug problem. I have a police problem."

Reaction Score
1608331360170.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Greatest rock star ever.

Has played the rock star longer than anyone. Except maybe Mick.

I'd say several had brighter stars but haven't lasted nearly as long.

Reaction Score
I wanted to say Happy 77th Birthday to my avatar Keith Richards. Keith has many hilarious one liners. This is one of my favorites. "Let me be clear about this. I don't have a drug problem. I have a police problem."
Hos quote should be "Reality is for those who can't handle drugs"

Reaction Score
Stones would get blood transfusions prior to US tours (back in the day) to get the toxins out and to help stay "healthy".. Saw them live in Boulder Colo.. Heart opened for them.. Saw where Mick just picked up a place in Fla to crash at..

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The guy appears to be functionally immortal. No death notice will be met with more surprise when it finally comes.

Anecdote from my UConn days. My roommate Junior year was from Washington, CT. Tiny town, but some celebs live there. Also the Gunnery School (Now called Frederick Gunn). Town has one liquor store and my roommate worked there.

The stones hadn’t toured in years and holed up at the school during the summer to practice. My roommate talked about the cases of Jack Daniels he delivered to the band (could have been Beam), obviously for Keith. Further to this story, after we graduated, we got a call from two girls from that dorm that they were going out at Toad’s Place and they asked us to come. Long drive for us, and we lamed out and played darts someplace local. Of my lifetime regrets, that’s near the top. The Rolling Stones showed up unannounced to open their 1989 tour.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
His autobiography is amazing

Reaction Score
His book is great. He crushed one of his fingers while young and it healed bent. Said after that he could play guitar better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom