Happy Birthday Katie Lou! | The Boneyard

Happy Birthday Katie Lou!

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Only 24 on June 13. Hard to believe!

Spanish League champ, Olympic 3x3 success, and starting for the best team in the WNBA. Lots to celebrate!

KLS Seattle.jpg

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou appears to have finally found her role in the W as a “role” player. She has a high basketball IQ, plays defense, passes well and contributes modest scoring for the Storm. Hopefully, she can add a 3x3 gold medal in Tokyo to her resume.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou appears to have finally found her role in the W as a “role” player. She has a high basketball IQ, plays defense, passes well and contributes modest scoring for the Storm. Hopefully, she can add a 3x3 gold medal in Tokyo to her resume.
It was interesting that in the game, the first play ran was for Lou. One of those patented tight curls at the FT line. Lou missed it strong (but on line) but clearly, the Storm are a team that knows how to get the most of their players. Then they have her post up down low for easy baskets if her 3's are not falling.

Reaction Score
The Storm is figuring out where Chicago and Dallas failed—how to use and further develop Lou’s skills. It took half her freshman season at UConn to nail down a starting job. In all the nonsense about her weaknesses, critics often fail to notice her crisp and quick passing. You can bet Stewie sees it. In the past she’s been on team where she was the primary scorer. With the Storm, Stewie, Lloyd and Bird can provide the firepower, all they need are players, like Lou, who can move the offense. Her assists are mounting. Her rebounding grows, as it did with her Spanish team. Which is not to say that Lou can’t score. As the season progresses, expect Lou to score more as opponents concentrate on big three. The coaches know this. That is why she is starting for the best team in the WNBA. She’s 24. She is at the beginning.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just saw this in Dom Amore's article on the timeless Sue Bird.

And her eye for the game only grows sharper with age. During the 2020 season, she told Samuelson, then with Dallas, “Your game would fit in Seattle so well.” Now teammates, Samuelson, 24, is starting and finding her niche in the league.

“I’m so grateful to get the opportunity to play with Sue,” Samuelson said, “getting a chance to experience the greatness she brings every single day. It’s been so cool to watch, but now being a part of it, it’s been great and really helpful for me to find a role for myself because she makes it easy to play with her.”

Dom Amore: Former UConn Husky Sue Bird a player for the ages, and the ageless in Seattle - Hartford Courant

It seems Sue and Stewie may have been very active participants in getting Lou to Seattle.

Reaction Score
Just saw this in Dom Amore's article on the timeless Sue Bird.

And her eye for the game only grows sharper with age. During the 2020 season, she told Samuelson, then with Dallas, “Your game would fit in Seattle so well.” Now teammates, Samuelson, 24, is starting and finding her niche in the league.

“I’m so grateful to get the opportunity to play with Sue,” Samuelson said, “getting a chance to experience the greatness she brings every single day. It’s been so cool to watch, but now being a part of it, it’s been great and really helpful for me to find a role for myself because she makes it easy to play with her.”

Dom Amore: Former UConn Husky Sue Bird a player for the ages, and the ageless in Seattle - Hartford Courant

It seems Sue and Stewie may have been very active participants in getting Lou to Seattle.
Feel so good that the huskies are dominating the wnba.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom