Happy Birthday Diana, Maya and Geno's Mom! | The Boneyard

Happy Birthday Diana, Maya and Geno's Mom!

Reaction Score
Two of the 4 UNQUESTIONABLE/NON-DEBATEABLE faces on UConn WBB's Mount Rushmore. You folks can fill in the other two. ;)

Happy Birthday to all 3 ladies. :)
Slight correction: there's only one open spot on that mountain.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Slight correction: there's only one open spot on that mountain.
On YOUR mount. That is a debate we've had here in the yard several times over the past few years. There has never been a consensus among boneyarders on the other two. Everyone has their own nominees for the mount, and can give chapter and verse why THEIR nominees should "unequivocally" be on there.

There are some GREAT players in UConn lore that don't even get mentioned, let alone nominated. Some of us have the same four, most do not. Believe it or not, some folks do not have 4 time national champion Breanna Stewart (Stewie) on their mount. Another question is how many of those busts are cast in stone?

Will future players find their way onto the mount? if so, who comes off? :confused: I can guarantee you that if you post your 4, someone will challenge one or more of them (along with your judgement) in favor of THEIR selections.

It's a debate I don't participate in anymore. It's a "no-win" situation. Dee, Maya and Stewie are on MY mount. Any mount that does not have Dee and Maya on it is a fake!!

There are at least 6 other former players that could easily fill the last spot, not to mention future players (Paige or Azzi) that may "legitimately" qualify to be there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On YOUR mount. That is a debate we've had here in the yard several times over the past few years. There has never been a consensus among boneyarders on the other two. Everyone has their own nominees for the mount, and can give chapter and verse why THEIR nominees should "unequivocally" be on there.

There some GREAT players in UConn lore that don't even get mentioned, let alone nominated. Some of us have the same four, most do not. Believe it or not, Some do not have Breanna Stewart (Stewie) on their mount. Another question is how many of those busts are cast in stone?

Will future players find their way onto the mount? if so, who comes off? :confused: I can guarantee you that if you post your 4, someone will challenge one or more of them (along with your judgement) in favor of THEIR selections.

It's a debate I don't participate in anymore. It's a "no-win" situation. Dee, Maya and Stewie are on MY mount. There are at least 6 other former players that could easily fill the last spot, not to mention future players (Paige or Azzi) that may "legitimately" qualify to be there.
Were is it written that only 4 can be allowed on Mount Storrsmore? Did I miss the memo?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Were is it written that only 4 can be allowed on Mount Storrsmore? Did I miss the memo?
It's not. I guess because the original Mount Rushmore only has 4 faces on it, it's assumed by some that a Mount Rushmore can only have 4.
I suggested THAT UConn's mount can consist of 5 over two years ago. Even so, there will still be some GREAT players left off. Individual fans can have a 10 bust mount if they want to. It's YOUR mount. Put as many as you want to on it!!

Remember when SNY did the "The Best of the Best: UConn Women's Top 10" presentation several years ago? Mariah Jefferson was rated number 10. There were a lot of UConn fans (and the 4 panelist on this program) that disagreed with THAT selection. I guess in theory, you could just take the top 4 listed here and have your mount. Here it is......

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's not. I guess because the original Mount Rushmore only has 4 faces on it, it's assumed by some that a Mount Rushmore can only have 4.
I suggested THAT UConn's mount can consist of 5 over two years ago. Even so, there will still be some GREAT players left off. Individual fans can have a 10 bust mount if they want to. It's YOUR mount. Put as many as you want to on it!!

Remember when SNY did the "The Best of the Best: UConn Women's Top 10" presentation several years ago? Mariah Jefferson was rated number 10. There were a lot of UConn fans (and the 4 panelist on this program) that disagreed with THAT selection. I guess in theory, you could just take the top 4 listed here and have your mount. Here it is......

I too suggested several years ago that we needed a bigger mountain. Nice problem to have.
Mountain Mount GIF

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score

There are some GREAT players in UConn lore that don't even get mentioned, let alone nominated. Some of us have the same four, most do not. Believe it or not, some folks do not have 4 time national champion Breanna Stewart (Stewie) on their mount. Another question is how many of those busts are cast in stone?

It's a debate I don't participate in anymore. It's a "no-win" situation. Dee, Maya and Stewie are on MY mount. Any mount that does not have Dee and Maya on it is a fake!!

There are at least 6 other former players that could easily fill the last spot, not to mention future players (Paige or Azzi) that may "legitimately" qualify to be there.
I like your thinking there, in ur opinion wht is the criteria must be met to make YOUR Mt Rushmore.?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom