Happy 77-74! | The Boneyard

Happy 77-74!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
hc-sp-uconn-men-1999-ncaa-champions-oral-history-20190328-fpm3uobw55fr5bp4hmq7dyrnhy

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
A raucous crowd at Rookies in Cromwell that night!!

KEA with the humongous FTs and then Trajan hero ball.

:thud:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The 2004 ALCS was great but I doubt I'll ever have another feeling as a sports fan quite like the feeling I had when Langdon fell and I realized they were actually going to win. Holy ____ what a moment.
Far and away the best feeling ever. Especially because it was Dook and they were so heavily favored. God that was awesome!!!

Reaction Score
The third happiest day of my life after the births of my two children. Told my ex wife that and she asked what about our wedding day. I told her not even close. She never understood. March 29 should be a state holiday. I have so many wonderful memories of that day.

Reaction Score
The third happiest day of my life after the births of my two children. Told my ex wife that and she asked what about our wedding day. I told her not even close. She never understood. March 29 should be a state holiday. I have so many wonderful memories of that day.
Congrats on the divorce. And Happy 77-74 Day!

Reaction Score
I watched that game from a bar in Richmond as literally the only UConn fan in the place surrounded by obnoxious Dookie fans (basically frontrunner UVA fans but the Cavs were middling at best back then). After spending the whole game on the receiving end of tons of trash talk, I stood with arms raised after the final Langdon turnover yelling at the top of my lungs while everyone else silently filed out. Bar none my favorite moment as a Husky fan.

Reaction Score
That whole experience was one of the best memories I have. My father and I in different rooms, bickering at timeouts, and in absolute jubilation at the end. Of all the titles that was the one that will always mean the most to me. I didn't watch the 2004 with my father (though we watched the Elite 8 destruction of Alabama together), and he died a year before Kemba, whom he loved, won his title.

All these years later the betting line on this game still makes no sense. You can argue that maybe—maybe—Duke was the better team that year. I'd disagree, and I think we'd have won a best of seven series. Maybe in 6. But the line between a 1 loss and a 2 loss team in the Championship Game was so thoroughly disrespectful it's nearly beyond belief.

Reaction Score
I do not believe that this would have happened if Rip did not come back for one more year....just sayin'....
If people left as early as they do now we might have won it all in 1998. Can you imagine running into a Vince Carter-Jerry Stackhouse team in North Carolina when they'd have been lotto picks after freshmen year?

Elton Brand was a sophomore. That doesn't happen now.

Reaction Score
On a less than happy note, just before the 'Bama player hit the 3-pointer to tie UCLA at the buzzer, the announcer noted that yesterday was the anniversary of the dreaded Laettner shot....☹️?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On a less than happy note, just before the 'Bama player hit the 3-pointer to tie UCLA at the buzzer, the announcer noted that yesterday was the anniversary of the dreaded Latener shot....
Another wonderful use for the frowny face.

I feel like I'm being oppressed.

Reaction Score
On a less than happy note, just before the 'Bama player hit the 3-pointer to tie UCLA at the buzzer, the announcer noted that yesterday was the anniversary of the dreaded Laettner shot....☹️?
vs. Kentucky from Grant Hill who was announcing

Reaction Score
I watched that game and the 2004 semis and finals to get more pumped up for this years tournament. Man were we good.

Reaction Score
And what made it so incredible ?

It came after living through 10 years of a building effort that included heartbreak after heartbreak.

We had to live through Laettner's shot, Donyell's free throws, playing UCLA in California, Mississippi state, and playing North Carolina in Greensboro before we finally got there. Without the struggle, the victory isn't as sweet. Something that the entitled "fans" who came of age after 1999 don't understand as they whine about our rebuilding process. Enjoy - the journey is the destination.

Reaction Score
The 2004 ALCS was great but I doubt I'll ever have another feeling as a sports fan quite like the feeling I had when Langdon fell and I realized they were actually going to win. Holy ____ what a moment.
oh hell yeah. I always remember March 29 every year because of this championship. I was at the game in Tropicana Field-it was a raucous atmosphere. Everyone was treating me like I won the championship when I was at the Holiday Inn that night. That hotel was full of Michigan State fans and they were super happy that UConn beat Duke that night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom