Happy 3/29/99 anniversary | The Boneyard

Happy 3/29/99 anniversary

Reaction Score
24 years ago today, we shocked the world.

i

Reaction Score
I remember it like yesterday !

I never expected UConn to climb to the top of the mountain after suffering thru those disappointments in the 90s .
I remember it like yesterday !

I never expected UConn to climb to the top of the mountain after suffering thru those disappointments in the 90s .
Proud of how far we've come but praying the script isn't flipped on us this weekend....

Doomed.
I remember walking out of the Mississippi State loss i Rupp arena thinking that was the closest we would ever come to going to FF. Big Red walking out with assured me better days were to come. Never forget that. Boy was he right

Reaction Score
Went to game in 1999 with wife after driving up from vacation in Naples. Sat next to the Duke Crazys. What fun.

Reaction Score
Best birthday present ever (yes my bday is today).

Was living in Boston at the time. Planned a weekend trip to DC to golf with some buddies way ahead of the Final Four.

Was in the air during the game. Soon to be wife was at home taping the game on the VCR. Walked through TF Green probably right around the end of the game. Sports bar was packed and people were rowdy. Walked by terrified with hands over ears and looking at the ground.

Got back to the apartment unscathed. She comes out of the bedroom. Didn’t say a word…….but the wide ass grin she couldn’t keep hidden gave it away. Watched the game in complete suspense but always had an inkling in the back of my mind that we had won.

I have never let her live it down. She’s “allowing” me to fly to Houston to see it this year. That’s her atonement i guess.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I remember this as the day I thought may never come and then the windfall. Now it feels like ships are fairly regular and yet soo special.
God I hope we get #5 this week

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Next year I'm sure there will be a 25 year reunion celebration during the season. I think we should go big and schedule it for the 2024 Final Four instead of Gampel.

Reaction Score
Best birthday present ever (yes my bday is today).

Was living in Boston at the time. Planned a weekend trip to DC to golf with some buddies way ahead of the Final Four.

Was in the air during the game. Soon to be wife was at home taping the game on the VCR. Walked through TF Green probably right around the end of the game. Sports bar was packed and people were rowdy. Walked by terrified with hands over ears and looking at the ground.

Got back to the apartment unscathed. She comes out of the bedroom. Didn’t say a word…….but the wide ass grin she couldn’t keep hidden gave it away. Watched the game in complete suspense but always had an inkling in the back of my mind that we had won.

I have never let her live it down. She’s “allowing” me to fly to Houston to see it this year. That’s her atonement i guess.
Happy Birthday!

Reaction Score
I was living in Boston and remember what seemed like the longest work day of my life. I vividly recall being incensed by the pregame interview with Christian Laettner where he said he hoped UCONN could keep the game competitive.

When I called my mom on Tuesday morning, she said she shut off the TV when it was 7-2 Duke. She couldn't handle the stress.

Rushing the floor of MSG in 1988, I thought I was experiencing the pinnacle of UCONN hoops.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Sounds good to me. We just need a much younger version of Helen Mirren

msdcali-ec005-1-1615906250.jpg

Reaction Score
I’ll never forget missing the game for a stupid concert

I missed the 1988 NIT championship for a Michael Jackson concert at the Civic Center. I remember catching the end of the game on the radio driving home.

Reaction Score
I was in China in 1999 for work and completely disconnected from basketball for the entire NCAA Tournament. I was coming back in early April through Tokyo and grabbed a USA Today newspaper at the airport. On the front it said UConn was playing in the national championship. To say as a UConn fan since about 1980 that I was shocked and pumped would be quite the understatement. I was so happy to get back in time to watch that title game.

Reaction Score
That was a night to remember. I .locked the VCR tape of that game in the safe to keep it safe. To top it off my wife won the office pool ( my place of work) so I was threatened not to “let” her fill any more pool sheets out. The guys in my office said that the reason women sometimes win is because they don’t know “ anything” about basketball. Those guys must be right since the
lady Huskies on.y won more than twice as many titles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom