Hands | The Boneyard

Hands

Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or has a lot of the team been affected with "loose hands" under the basket this year? Particularly AE (who I remember as sure-handed last year), Dorka, and the younger players. Assuming I'm not dreaming, Other teams more physical? Lack of focus? Anyway, interested in others thoughts.

Reaction Score
Is it my imagination or has a lot of the team been affected with "loose hands" under the basket this year? Particularly AE (who I remember as sure-handed last year), Dorka, and the younger players. Assuming I'm not dreaming, Other teams more physical? Lack of focus? Anyway, interested in others thoughts.
I think it's the passes...not the hands.

Reaction Score
I totally agree with that assessment. Especially, AE. She struggled to hold on to the ball and not only in this game. She is not the AE of last year. The thing that is bothering me the most is them playing soft and just not aggressive and physical enough causing them to be pushed around. That must change for them to success moving forward. I understand Geno's remarks after the game but remember his IS Geno A. and knows what he is doing. GO HUSKIES...

Reaction Score
I totally agree with that assessment. Especially, AE. She struggled to hold on to the ball and not only in this game. She is not the AE of last year. The thing that is bothering me the most is them playing soft and just not aggressive and physical enough causing them to be pushed around. That must change for them to success moving forward. I understand Geno's remarks after the game but remember his IS Geno A. and knows what he is doing. GO HUSKIES...
Probably because they are worried about getting into foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Yes, I have noticed that as well, especially AE who was like a vacuum cleaner if she got anywhere near the ball.
Now it seems like she is a million miles away and butters her hands before the game.
Some of the passes to her have been a bit wide or low, but generally she just doesn't seem to gather them in and head for the rim, which she excels at.
Sometimes Caroline looks like the ball is 1000 degrees.
Dorka seems to be just out of phase and 1-2 seconds behind everything.
Physical, psychological ?
Maybe trade in the strength and conditioning coach for a team shrink.

Reaction Score
Prior to last night Geno has yelled during games that the guards are passing low hard bounce passes to the bigs while the bigs prefer passes up high. I have no idea what's wrong with AE, but Dorka has a wrapped hand that is effecting her shooting, rebounding and general ball handling. She also hits the floor a lot. She played much better at Ohio State. The more he plays Caroline the better she will get.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Prior to last night Geno has yelled during games that the guards are passing low hard bounce passes to the bigs while the bigs prefer passes up high. I have no idea what's wrong with AE, but Dorka has a wrapped hand that is effecting her shooting, rebounding and general ball handling. She also hits the floor a lot. She played much better at Ohio State. The more he plays Caroline the better she will get.
Glad you pointed this out. It's been wrapped most if not all season.

Imagine the pressure she must feel. I think we all need to cut her a lot of slack.

And I hope she comes back next year.

Reaction Score
Remember in the paint, Napheesa or Gabby were like vacuum cleaners. Grabbed every pass wherever it was headed.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Many of the fallacies mentioned here are so true. I keep thinking about the mental part of the game, and this reminds me of the line from the movie, HOOSIERS: "Keep your head in the game!"

Reaction Score
Remember in the paint, Napheesa or Gabby were like vacuum cleaners. Grabbed every pass wherever it was headed.
Remember when Bobby Boucher showed up at halftime and the mud dogs won the bourbon bowl, do ya?
Is there a water girl somewhere in storrs?

Reaction Score
Many of the fallacies mentioned here are so true. I keep thinking about the mental part of the game, and this reminds me of the line from the movie, HOOSIERS: "Keep your head in the game!"
Sorry, but a fallacy by definition can’t be true.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom