HANDS DOWN the Best Frontcourt in the Country | The Boneyard

HANDS DOWN the Best Frontcourt in the Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Just wanted to run this 'little' point up the flagpole one last time in the wake of last night's performance.

No other frontcourt this year (ever?) even came close -- with Stokes as a key stopper off the bench it was really no contest. We could go with 2 bigs for maximum scoring punch or we could flat-out embarrass you on the defensive end when our Big 3 took the floor. Take your pick. As needed.

Best frontcourt in the nation PERIOD, and the drop-off was huge to number two. This was one memorable core group. We will still be very strong in 2014-15 with Stewie and Stokes but Big Mama Stef as the anchor in the middle made this frontcourt truly legendary.

Try again next year, everyone !

Last edited:

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Just wanted to run this 'little' point up the flagpole one last time in the wake of last night's performance.

No other frontcourt this year (ever?) even came close -- with Stokes as a key stopper off the bench it was really no contest. We could go with 2 bigs for maximum scoring punch or we could flat-out embarass you on the defensive end when our Big 3 took the floor. Take your pick. As needed.

Best frontcourt in the nation PERIOD, and the drop-off was huge to number two. This was one memorable core group.

http://i0./carmityadin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Game-over-thank-you-for-playing.jpg

Reaction Score

No other frontcourt this year (ever?) even came close -- with Stokes as a key stopper off the bench it was really no contest. We could go with 2 bigs for maximum scoring punch or we could flat-out embarass you on the defensive end when our Big 3 took the floor. Take your pick. As needed.

Best frontcourt in the nation PERIOD, and the drop-off was huge to number two. This was one memorable core group. We will still be very strong in 2014-15 with Stewie and Stokes but Big Mama as the anchor in the middle made this frontcourt truly legendary.

It was like watching the best of the Celtic's Chief, Bird, and McHale. BTW don't forget the return of Tuck and the "Rifle(wo)man" KML. UCONN still has four awesome frontcourt players.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It was like watching the best of the Celtic's Chief, Bird, and McHale. BTW don't forget the return of Tuck and the "Rifle(wo)man" KML. UCONN still has four awesome frontcourt players.

That's true - KML and Tuck are similar in that they can definitely play as frontcourt players whenever Geno dials it up or whenever the defense presents that opportunity.

And, perhaps, we may have another highly versatile 6'5" player to add to the mix next season... We'll know in about a week. :)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I don't care which way it's articulated
Hands up or Hands down…

A forecourt for the ages.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Loved how effective Stewart was when we went big and she ended up guarding Loyd and or Allen - scary prospect for a guard facing someone that tall with that much athleticism

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In addition to their rebounding and defense, Stewie, Stef, and Kaleena are great shooters. Actually, Kaleena is a phenomenal shooter.

Reaction Score
That's true - KML and Tuck are similar in that they can definitely play as frontcourt players whenever Geno dials it up or whenever the defense presents that opportunity.

And, perhaps, we may have another highly versatile 6'5" player to add to the mix next season... We'll know in about a week. :)

I'm reconciled to Wilson going to UNC to begin her own championship legacy and dynasty. I wonder how many kids had the same thought and then found out ... oops, not so easy. In the last 30+ years there have been only two WBC dynasties.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
UCGamer said:
I'm reconciled to Wilson going to UNC to begin her own championship legacy and dynasty. I wonder how many kids had the same thought and then found out ... oops, not so easy. In the last 30+ years there have been only two WBC dynasties.

Kinda looks that way - and no it's not that simple is it ...! And one of the two hasn't been able to keep it going

Reaction Score
It takes more than just good players to build a dynasty. You'd think kids would realize, hey, you know this program that I'm considering has always recruited great players and still can't do it. I wonder why. As I said before, if you are a great player and want to win championships, there's really only one school that can practically guarantee it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
hANDS DOWN.gif
Not sure if this is a hands down gif... but its as close as i could come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom