Handicapping Bob and Meghan | The Boneyard

Handicapping Bob and Meghan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I know all Boneyarders (except those at the game) will wait with bated (that's right, not "baited") breath to watch the game on CPTV and listen intently to every utterance of Bob and Meghan. So let's handicap what most of us expect to hear.

Even money: Bob will continue to refer to Kaleena as KLM and Ms Engeln as Laura.

Odds on favorite (2-5): Meghan will let loose at least one "Ho, ho, HO!"

Dark horse: Camera shot of Jacquie H. and discussion of her role as assistant coach at Fairfield. Bonus points if Paige Sauer (formerly coached there) is mentioned. Bets off unless play-by-play is neglected during this dialogue.

Daily Double: Discussion (during play) of Heather's wrist injury combined with speculation of her return to play next year or her expanded role as a result of Baylor game. Scratch unless this chit chat takes place while game progresses.

Trifecta: During play, chit chat explaining that (1) Geno would like to play Fairfield or some other Connecticut team (SCSU, Fairfield, Sacred Heart, etc.) at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, but (2) XL contract won't permit a regular season game there, so (3) will probably be forced to play exhibition vs. Albertus Magnus or Norwalk Community College to satisfy bitchy fans in Fairfield County. Scratch unless at least three baskets are scored during this dialogue.

Place your bets.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I know all Boneyarders (except those at the game) will wait with bated (that's right, not "baited") breath to watch the game on CPTV and listen intently to every utterance of Bob and Meghan. So let's handicap what most of us expect to hear.

Even money: Bob will continue to refer to Kaleena as KLM and Ms Engeln as Laura.

Dark horse: Camera shot of Jacquie H. and discussion of her role as assistant coach at Fairfield. Bonus points if Paige Sauer (formerly coached there) is mentioned. Bets off unless play-by-play is neglected during this dialogue.

Daily Double: Discussion (during play) of Heather's wrist injury combined with speculation of her return to play next year or her expanded role as a result of Baylor game. Scratch unless this chit chat takes place while game progresses.

Trifecta: During play, chit chat explaining that (1) Geno would like to play Fairfield or some other Connecticut team (SCSU, Fairfield, Sacred Heart, etc.) at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, but (2) XL contract won't permit a regular season game there, so (3) will probably be forced to play exhibition vs. Albertus Magnus or Norwalk Community College to satisfy bitchy fans in Fairfield County. Scratch unless at least three baskets are scored during this dialogue.

Place your bets.

Aw, C'mon Kib. Didn't the Boneyard beat up Bob and Meghan enough after the game last week ? Do we really have to begin the attacks before the game this week?

Let it rest.

P.S. You do have some humor/sarcasm in your post. But is it worth the pain that comes with it?

With Best wishes to all for the New Year.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
this is the 391st win against an unranked team from Connecticut since 1947 when the University of Windsor Lady Warriors beat CT-A&M 18-10 in what was considered the Final Four of the New England Colleges of America Conference.. UWin went on to lose to powerhouse SCSU in the final 34-16. (as UConn goes on a 20pt run)

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
this is the 391st win against an unranked team from Connecticut since 1947 when the University of Windsor Lady Warriors beat CT-A&M 18-10 in what was considered the Final Four of the New England Colleges of America Conference.. UWin went on to lose to powerhouse SCSU in the final 34-16. (as UConn goes on a 20pt run)

Were you at the game? Or did you look this stuff up?

Either way, we've come a long way, Baby.

Thanks CD and Geno!!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I couldn't bear to read through the post-CoC bitchfest about those two, though this one was funny.

Bottom line, Bob and Meghan have been doing these games since Shea Ralph was suiting up to play, not on the sidelines coaching. I don't see this changing in the near future.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It was all tongue in cheek and very funny.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Aw, C'mon Kib. Didn't the Boneyard beat up Bob and Meghan enough after the game last week ? Do we really have to begin the attacks before the game this week?

Let it rest.

P.S. You do have some humor/sarcasm in your post. But is it worth the pain that comes with it?

With Best wishes to all for the New Year.

Coach, in that "Beat 'em up" thread, I defended Bob and Meghan. I did this with tongue in cheek pre-emptively and in the hope that we make light of their very human frailties while we simply enjoy watching the game on TV while listening to an out-of-sync delayed radio account by Bob Joyce and Kara.

Back to you, Coach.

grizz36

Misabe Mukwa
Reaction Score
Coach, in that "Beat 'em up" thread, I defended Bob and Meghan. I did this with tongue in cheek pre-emptively and in the hope that we make light of their very human frailties while we simply enjoy watching the game on TV while listening to an out-of-sync delayed radio account by Bob Joyce and Kara.

Back to you, Coach.
Sheeez, Kib! Gettin' a little curmudgeonly in your old age, eh? Keep it up and we'll have to make you an honorary bear ...... and one thing I have never seen is a bear deployed in a parachute.

Reaction Score

Place your bets.

I know that the above post is "sort of" tongue in check but it is on the mark. I wondered why CPTV wouldn't use one of the substitute and cheaper play by play announcers like Eric? Does Picozzi have a contract for a number of years? I assume Meghan is heavily supported by Geno and won't be changed as long as he is coach. What is interesting is that she is nuch better analyst when she doesn't work with Picozzi who is the master of saying nothing relevant while the game is being played.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score

Back to you, Coach.

Kib. Please check your inbox.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Well, I thought the post was hilarious, and right on the money. I'll add: bet there won't be 2 solid minutes of calling the plays, and that at least 10 subs will be made unannounced. Odds?

Look, relax, this stuff is a riot. You gotta laugh or cry with those two, and it's far bettah to laugh. And turn off the sound. What I want to know is will the thread be good? C'mon you geniuses, call the game!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I'll take the even money on KLM and Laura but I'll pass on the Ho, Ho, Ho unless is specifically excludes Hyuck, Hyuck, Hyuck.

People gotta' lighten up on BP and MC. Save it for the refs. When's the last time the board had a Sally Bell, June Croteau type hate fest. I could go for some of that.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

DaddyChoc, I loved it! Keep it fun!

Bob is so good at reciting arcane or obscure stats, I can't resist trying to beat him to the punch line. The score of one UConn Fairfield game was 72-43. When? And who won?

I'll save you all a rush to your stats sources.

It was 1984. B.G.E. (before Geno era) and it was the last time Fairfield won in this series (now 11-5).

Back to you, Bob.

Reaction Score

Place your bets.
I wish we could place our bets; Malloy wants more gambling income for the state.

Reaction Score
Sarcasm, thinly veiled as humor, is of little value. I'm sure Bob and Megan are doing therir best. Harriet Unger appears to think so, based on her comment during the half-time activities the other night. Here is an example of the same thing: "You have a lot to be modest about". Or, correctly, "You have a lot about which to be modest"-since we're doing syntax.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Bob & Meg did a wonderful job in the 1st half (finally watching the game right now)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
geesh did Meg just say Bob has a fake knee (I always noticed a limp)

Reaction Score
Well, last night was better than most, though I don't recall a Telestrator being used, and that's Culmo's strong suit. Still, Picozzi corrected himself on Laura, er...LauREN Engeln. As for whether Picozzi and Culmo are doing their best, there are at least some of us who think not, and that their best would be improved by pre-game preparation. But, in any case, what would you think Harriet Unger, of all people, is going to say, about the talents of the announcers that her company hires?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
they also did well while interviewing Maria

Reaction Score
They did, though I thought they could have gotten more out of the baby.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
they also did well while interviewing Maria
The interview was very good with the exception of one loooong run on question that Bob had a problem finishing so that Maria could answer.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Well, last night was better than most, though I don't recall a Telestrator being used, and that's Culmo's strong suit. Still, Picozzi corrected himself on Laura, er...LauREN Engeln. As for whether Picozzi and Culmo are doing their best, there are at least some of us who think not, and that their best would be improved by pre-game preparation. But, in any case, what would you think Harriet Unger, of all people, is going to say, about the talents of the announcers that her company hires?

only when Tiff did that "sick" dribble to the left but crossed over to the right, went to the basket but got fouled!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Bob and Meg are homefolks, part of the whole Husky mistique. Not perfect, but neither are we. I DID wish he would put a cork on the "Geno was displeased with yesterday's practice" but, on the other hand, he DID comment on it when the Huskies went to the 1-3-1, so props for that. And props to CPTV for bringing us the games at all! Happy New Year to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom