(Handicapped) parking in Bridgeport? | The Boneyard

(Handicapped) parking in Bridgeport?

Reaction Score
Looking for suggestions on where to park in Bpt. We have someone who can walk slowly but has limited endurance and can not walk far. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Looking for suggestions on where to park in Bpt. We have someone who can walk slowly but has limited endurance and can not walk far. Thanks.

I have a similar scenario in my group. Your closest option is parking in the Transit Garage which is right alongside the arena on S. Frontage Rd. What I have also been able to do in the past is pull over to the sidewalk on S. Frontage and drop the person off just a few yards away from the arena entrance. With the light patterns and the police directing, I have always had enough time to drop off without holding up traffic.

Reaction Score
I have a similar scenario in my group. Your closest option is parking in the Transit Garage which is right alongside the arena on S. Frontage Rd. What I have also been able to do in the past is pull over to the sidewalk on S. Frontage and drop the person off just a few yards away from the arena entrance. With the light patterns and the police directing, I have always had enough time to drop off without holding up traffic.
Thanks.

Reaction Score

VERY limited number of handicap parking spaces on the lower level in the adjacent parking garage. I think you'd have to be early and there'd still be no guarantee. It's not a good situation, but, the handicapped area is not really THAT much closer to the entrance than if you park on one of the higher levels and get a front space and then take the elevator down. Of course, you'd have to get there early for that option too and still no guarantee.

If you haven't been to the arena before, it's a pretty long walk from the garage to the nearest entrance but it may be even longer if you do a drop off and then park the car. I took my mom last year. She can use a walker, but I brought a wheelchair and that was the right thing to do. If you need a wheelchair, maybe I can accommodate. Just fire out a note if interested.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom