Handicapped Parking at Rentschler Field | The Boneyard

Handicapped Parking at Rentschler Field

Reaction Score
Hello Everyone-

Lurker looking for some advice. Trying to make a long story as short as possible. I will be renting a handicapped accessible van to take my friend to the CCSU game. He is confined to a wheelchair with cerebral palsy. It’s his first college football game and he’s pretty pumped, especially after the effort versus USU.

I’ve been to the Rent many times but have always just kind of parked in the cheapest lot. “Cheapest” is also typically “furthest from the venue”. Considering there’s a good chance I’ll be the one pushing him around, I’m looking for ideas which might make life a little easier for the both of us.

I emailed the athletic department and was told there are handicapped spaces near the stadium but those fill up very early. My friend is currently at a rehabilitation facility (Had surgery on his foot. Can’t put any weight on it so he can’t do his usual stand and pivot transfer into a vehicle). I’m not sure what’s the earliest time the staff there could have him ready, but I highly doubt it would be at the crack of dawn. Hopefully we can make it there by 10am at the latest.

Do any of you have suggestions as to what would be my best option? I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Behind the stadium (Cabela side) is the closest handicap parking to the Gate. Go back there and if you get there an hour before the game, you can pretty much park right across the entrance gate.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Hello Everyone-

Lurker looking for some advice. Trying to make a long story as short as possible. I will be renting a handicapped accessible van to take my friend to the CCSU game. He is confined to a wheelchair with cerebral palsy. It’s his first college football game and he’s pretty pumped, especially after the effort versus USU.

I’ve been to the Rent many times but have always just kind of parked in the cheapest lot. “Cheapest” is also typically “furthest from the venue”. Considering there’s a good chance I’ll be the one pushing him around, I’m looking for ideas which might make life a little easier for the both of us.

I emailed the athletic department and was told there are handicapped spaces near the stadium but those fill up very early. My friend is currently at a rehabilitation facility (Had surgery on his foot. Can’t put any weight on it so he can’t do his usual stand and pivot transfer into a vehicle). I’m not sure what’s the earliest time the staff there could have him ready, but I highly doubt it would be at the crack of dawn. Hopefully we can make it there by 10am at the latest.

Do any of you have suggestions as to what would be my best option? I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback!
awesome.

Reaction Score
Behind the stadium (Cabela side) is the closest handicap parking to the Gate. Go back there and if you get there an hour before the game, you can pretty much park right across the entrance gate.
Thank you so much for the information! In a perfect world, we'll be there 10-10:30am at the latest so this would work out great.

Reaction Score
I have MS, and don't get around as well as I would like. I have a disability tag and always park at gate A. My season tickets are in section 102, so it is perfect for me. If you get there one and a half hours or earlier, you should be able to park in the first row and just walk in

Reaction Score
I have MS, and don't get around as well as I would like. I have a disability tag and always park at gate A. My season tickets are in section 102, so it is perfect for me. If you get there one and a half hours or earlier, you should be able to park in the first row and just walk in
Thank you for this information. It's greatly appreciated.

I actually haven't purchased tickets yet. Was planning to do with today but had "one of those days' at work. Hoping to take care of that business tomorrow. Would you recommend section 102 if there's availability?

Reaction Score
I have had these seats for years. 102 works for me because I am on the aisle closest to the blue chairback seats, which with the higher donations are quite a bit more expensive. I am one row down from the concourse, so it is easy for me to get down to my seats. The men's room is right behind the section and there were still seats in the section as of Friday

Reaction Score
There are seats all around the stadium at the top of the lower level that are for your situation. No stairs involved you get inside and are on a wide sidewalk-with a large number of other people- but all views are good. If your friend might have a hard time with full sun and heat then look for a seat selection on the Cabela's side under the press tower to be in the shade. The ticket folks if you contact by phone will help you. Good for you for doing this!

Reaction Score
There are seats all around the stadium at the top of the lower level that are for your situation. No stairs involved you get inside and are on a wide sidewalk-with a large number of other people- but all views are good. If your friend might have a hard time with full sun and heat then look for a seat selection on the Cabela's side under the press tower to be in the shade. The ticket folks if you contact by phone will help you. Good for you for doing this!
Thank you for the tip! Gotta be honest, I'm not that great when it comes to being in the sun either! Will definitely be looking for seats on the Cabela's side as a result.

Saturday can't get here soon enough!

Reaction Score
Paulmf -

I work at the Stadium - if you email me directly at khart@crdact.net, we'll make sure you get the space you need.
Thanks to everyone, especially Kace86, for their help. Tickets are in hand! Section 140, row 22, seats 13 & 14. Stop on by if you feel like making a couple new friends.

Time for the first of many W's in the Mora Era. Let's get after it!!!!!

@Kace86 ~ Great customer outreach!

Reaction Score
@paulmf how was your and particularly your friend’s experience? Glad you were able to see such a great game with beautiful weather!! :)

Reaction Score
@paulmf how was your and particularly your friend’s experience? Glad you were able to see such a great game with beautiful weather!! :)
Appreciate you asking. It couldn't have gone better!

Once again, thank you to everyone for their advice and assistance (especially Kace86 for hooking us up with a great parking spot).

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I guess it's as good a spot as any. Trying to make a very long story short as possible, it was important to my friend (Keith) and I to attend this particular game.

Reason being is that last high school basketball season, we got to know both Victor Rosa and Donovan Clingan a little bit during Bristol Central's run to the state title. They're two incredible young men who ALWAYS went out of their way to talk to and acknowledge Keith.

I promised Keith we would get to Victor's first home UConn game. But that became more of a challenge when he recently had surgery on his right foot. The procedure doesn't allow him to put any weight on it. As a result, he's unable to do a stand & pivot transfer from his wheelchair into a vehicle. Hence, the handicapped accessible van rental. But where there's a will, there's a way, right?!

Seeing a UConn victory, capped off with Victor's touchdown, was a borderline Hollywood ending. It was perfect. I mean, just PERFECT!

Keith already wants to go back to the Rent! Especially a night game. I told him definitely but one of two things need to happen first. Either his foot gets better or I hit Powerball!!!

Reaction Score
How much did it cost for you to put the whole thing together?

Reaction Score
Appreciate you asking. It couldn't have gone better!

Once again, thank you to everyone for their advice and assistance (especially Kace86 for hooking us up with a great parking spot).

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I guess it's as good a spot as any. Trying to make a very long story short as possible, it was important to my friend (Keith) and I to attend this particular game.

Reason being is that last high school basketball season, we got to know both Victor Rosa and Donovan Clingan a little bit during Bristol Central's run to the state title. They're two incredible young men who ALWAYS went out of their way to talk to and acknowledge Keith.

I promised Keith we would get to Victor's first home UConn game. But that became more of a challenge when he recently had surgery on his right foot. The procedure doesn't allow him to put any weight on it. As a result, he's unable to do a stand & pivot transfer from his wheelchair into a vehicle. Hence, the handicapped accessible van rental. But where there's a will, there's a way, right?!

Seeing a UConn victory, capped off with Victor's touchdown, was a borderline Hollywood ending. It was perfect. I mean, just PERFECT!

Keith already wants to go back to the Rent! Especially a night game. I told him definitely but one of two things need to happen first. Either his foot gets better or I hit Powerball!!!

What a great friend you are! Glad to hear you both had a good time at the game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Hence, the handicapped accessible van rental.

------‐--‐

Without providing too much info (or personal details) is it that severe of a financial burden? What does the van rental run? I'll contribute a blue pass and four tickets to the UMass game (Cuse game is too close to plan) and I imagine that enough on this board (myself included) would be willing to contribute to help defray the cost of the van. We can do this

Reaction Score
Without providing too much info (or personal details) is it that severe of a financial burden? What does the van rental run? I'll contribute a blue pass and four tickets to the UMass game (Cuse game is too close to plan) and I imagine that enough on this board (myself included) would be willing to contribute to help defray the cost of the van. We can do this
I will send you a PM with details. Thank you for your generous offer!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom