Hamilton's NBA Comp- Draymond Green? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamilton's NBA Comp- Draymond Green?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think somebody like Tracy McGrady is perhaps a good comp. Pippin isn't bad. He's still very young but has obvious "point forward" skills. He would pair very well on any team that had a scoring PG (such as ours) that plays well off the ball.

Reaction Score
Heard this at a game- Daniel Hamilton's closest NBA comp is Draymond Green. I scratched my head a little about it, but they're the same height, both good rebounders, great passers for their size, and nightly threats for a triple double. Obviously Green has a lot of weight on Hamilton, but the comparison makes a lot of sense. I think with how much NBA GMs have been saying how valuable it is to find the next Draymond Green, this can only help his NBA stock. Thoughts?

More like former UCLA Bruin and current San Antonio Spur Kyle Anderson. Versatile, unselfish, vision, height, mediocre athleticism.

JCDH is the type of player that would be valued by a team like SA, Dallas. connector, multiple skills, unique.

Draymond makes his bones on the Defensive end. JCDM has many talents, but defense is not his forte to this point in his career.

Reaction Score
More like former UCLA Bruin and current San Antonio Spur Kyle Anderson. Versatile, unselfish, vision, height, mediocre athleticism.

JCDH is the type of player that would be valued by a team like SA, Dallas. connector, multiple skills, unique.

Draymond makes his bones on the Defensive end. JCDM has many talents, but defense is not his forte to this point in his career.

This may be dumb question, but who is JCDH? Does Hamilton have a longer name than I realize. And are those his initials?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I guess if you think about it really hard you can find some similarities but I have a hard time imagining Hamilton rebounding at anywhere close to his current clip in a traditional NBA line up. Remember last year how abysmal the rebounding was from our bigs opening up many more chances for Hamilton. Even this year I wouldn't be surprised if his Reb's went down with the presence of Miller at the 4. Not to say he doesn't have good instincts because it's obvious he does but the extra weight and strength from Green really goes a long way in battling on the boards in the pros. Plus Green can guard pretty much any 3,4,or 5 in the league and right now and at this point I can't see that from Hamilton.

Some guys rebound because they have a nose for the ball that way - Hamilton has that attribute
He will lead UConn in rebounding and assists this year
Remarkable feat
I would not compare him to DG because DG doesn't have the handle of DHam and DHam doesnt have the low post skills of DG
DG is more of a defensive asset while DHam is an offensive asset at this stage.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I may be all alone in this comparison I think he is more like Melo personally. His handles for his size and ability to create space and get his shot off just reminds me alot of Melo's offensive games. Not to mention he rebounds well too. The man difference obviously is weight and Melo is more of a shooter and DHam has alot better passing skills (and more willing to pass, although Melo so far this year has been a willing passer). Dham certainly doesnt look for his shot as much as Melo either, but i see alot of similarities in their games.

I hope Dham is not Melo
Melo plays D as much as harden does - never

Reaction Score
The only decent comparison in this thread is Kyle Anderson, Hamilton is faster than Amderson but a little smaller. Every other comparison is way off.

Reaction Score
What about a poor man's Penny Hardaway? Clearly Penny was a much better ballhandler but I can see similarities in their size/skill set

Reaction Score
The only decent comparison in this thread is Kyle Anderson, Hamilton is faster than Amderson but a little smaller. Every other comparison is way off.

The only problem with that comp is that JCDH destroys Kyle Anderson on the facial hair comp, by default. Its not close.

kyle-anderson.jpg

Reaction Score
WhereistheDove? said:
OK let's tap the brakes a bit. The general consensus is that Draymond is a little lofty of a comp so the natural progression is Magic...

I wasn't saying he's as good, the "(yet?)" Was more tongue In cheek, there's no denying they have a similar skill set, like I originally said. The announcer pregame even said that someone on the coaching staff compared him to magic as well

Reaction Score
Comparisons are fun but this one is stretching it for now. So many have mentioned the reasons why above I will hold off, but while maybe they can rebound effectively not sure there's a lot else to compare. Different players but if DHam stays in Storrs a while who knows.
I don't know why this thread has been started after 3 games against cupcakes. Not much more I can say.

We have no sense of patience, reality, objective reasoning or unbiased opinions on this board. Which mind you, makes this place so addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom