Hamilton to Brimah - The Deadly combo examined | The Boneyard

Hamilton to Brimah - The Deadly combo examined

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
So we're close to half-way through the season and we've seen how great Hamilton has been, but his vision and the chemistry he has with Brimah is a thing of beauty and elevates both of their offensive games to another level.

We've seen them hook up on alley-oops how many times this year? More than a dozen... probably closer to 20? Yet almost every time it happens in-game I'm still caught off guard by it and surprised at the flawless execution. And I think our opponents are as well... despite the fact that you KNOW they've seen film on it by now. No matter how many times I see it, it's still a thing of beauty.

I'll give most of the credit to Hamilton for the execution... it starts with him after all. He's a match-up nightmare for the opposing team. If Hamilton is matched on a 2 or smaller 3 guard, he can hit the 3 over them with his length or overpower them in the lane. Hamilton has a good handle for his size and is very good at driving and manipulating his opponent in the lane with spin moves and pump-fakes. Most teams put a longer player on Hamilton in an attempt to match up with him. For an opposing 4, Hamilton is too quick with too good of a handle. He also is a threat as a stretch 4 by pulling their PF away from the basket. This opens driving lanes for our guards.

These facts alone makes Hamilton a tough cover, but don't forget about his vision. If Hamilton beats his man into the lane, the opposing PF or center is often forced to sag off his man and help. If that's the case, Danny has the vision and presence of mind to lob it up to the big man for the easy deuce. If the PF or center does not slide to help, Hamilton's mid-range game is deadly because of his supreme talent and length.

There's simply no stopping this combination. Not many teams have someone who can match-up with Hamilton 1-on-1, and he can open up our entire offense. The more comfortable Hamilton gets in this system, look out! I expect DH can continue to expand on his multi-faceted abilities in the lane and spot some shooters open for 3 on the kick-out after he penetrates. If we can knock down some of those 3-balls, we become an even harder team to defend.

As for now, I'm okay with the standard 2-3 alley-oops per game from D-Ham to Brimah. It's gonna be a joy to watch the games of these 2 guys mature together over the next year or two.

Reaction Score
...As for now, I'm okay with the standard 2-3 alley-oops per game from D-Ham to Brimah. It's gonna be a joy to watch the games of these 2 guys mature together over the next year or two.

Forget about 2 years. If Hamilton comes back, it's for one year only. Brimah will probably be gone after his junior year as well. Enjoy it now.

Reaction Score
eh, they've feasted on it against poor teams, against good teams the alley oops really aren't there because they're much better defensively and can actually match up with both players. Really wouldn't call it an unstoppable combination.

Reaction Score
Forget about 2 years. If Hamilton comes back, it's for one year only. Brimah will probably be gone after his junior year as well. Enjoy it now.

We say stuff like this (about Brimah especially) every time he has a great game. Then when he puts up a stinker against a good team, we're back to saying he needs 4 years. Let's wait and see what he looks like next year before speaking with any certainty.

Reaction Score
eh, they've feasted on it against poor teams, against good teams the alley oops really aren't there because they're much better defensively and can actually match up with both players. Really wouldn't call it an unstoppable combination.

Which would be most of the rest of the season.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

I stated they're an unstoppable combination if the opposing team doesn't have someone who matches up with Hamilton. Most teams don't. I think Florida, Texas, and Duke did. That's about it.

Reaction Score

this... I don't remember many alley-oops against a "good" team. In fact, more often than not the oop is set up by a DHam drive and spin in the lane. Good teams have stripped him far too many times.

Reaction Score
I stated they're an unstoppable combination if the opposing team doesn't have someone who matches up with Hamilton. Most teams don't. I think Florida, Texas, and Duke did. That's about it.

Temple and West Virginia as well, don't really remember it against Dayton either but they and the team overall really played well offensively in that game.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I really would love hamilton staying for 3 years but depending on next years draft class I can see him going. Depends on the draft and mainly his progress. Brimah I think is a 4 year player unless he puts up numbers and gains weight like thabeet. Next years squad is going to be really nice if everyone comes back that can and we have Enoch and adams coming in and hopefully stone

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
The hamilton and brimah connection is strong.. Now im just going to go into a Dham rant. Hamilton has a great skill set and whenever he has the ball I cant help but think of him playing ball with his brothers in the driveway. You can see his 1v1 game is pretty strong with ability to get inside and shoot over people. He still needs to work on his dribble.. Ball gets high and away from his body quite a bit which causes him to pull up off balanced or throw a crazy pass... Once he gets his dribble controlled this kid will be even harder too cover.... The FT struggles I believe is related to being a freshman, as the season continues he should be able to be more composed and swoooosh

Reaction Score
this newrip has proven he nevereverrip

he has no shot, j looks aimed, funky release which confirms aiming, we knowz he shook foul shots, his handle reeks slippage, he turnover mechanized, he board by default cause teammates run in woods to hide from contact (see purv), he not seize floor and only seeze amoeba cause he tall

this man better stay quatre ans cause he need degree of first approximation magnitudnation estimation edukation enunciation excommunication

Reaction Score
hopefully tcf will make a compilation at the end of the season. That will be a lot of 'oops.

Reaction Score
DHam makes it look easy but it's not. The Ferrari has tried the DHam alley oop a number of times but he just can't pull it off. He throws it too low or too high or it gets picked off. Boat has hit it a couple of times. But no one has DHam's panache.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

he has no shot, j looks aimed, funky release which confirms aiming, we knowz he shook foul shots, his handle reeks slippage, he turnover mechanized, he board by default cause teammates run in woods to hide from contact (see purv), he not seize floor and only seeze amoeba cause he tall

this man better stay quatre ans cause he need degree of first approximation magnitudnation estimation edukation enunciation excommunication

Another rant from the country un-named
Some of your remarks (after minutes of translation efforts) are purely whacked.
So DHam can't shoot, can't handle, can't rebound and has no court vision.
Damn, you know what, I agree with you, I now wish he had decided on UCLA because he adds nothing to the team - nothing.
But in the end, his nothing is a hell of a lot more than what your rants like this add to the BY

Reaction Score
We say stuff like this (about Brimah especially) every time he has a great game. Then when he puts up a stinker against a good team, we're back to saying he needs 4 years. Let's wait and see what he looks like next year before speaking with any certainty.
If you can't see the amazing growth, not only from last year, but almost from game to game with Amida, then I don't know what you're looking at. I know that he was extremely raw when he came here, but look at the improvement in every facet of the game. We're not going to have to wait till next year to guess when he's leaving, it will be obvious over the next few months.

Reaction Score
If you can't see the amazing growth, not only from last year, but almost from game to game with Amida, then I don't know what you're looking at. I know that he was extremely raw when he came here, but look at the improvement in every facet of the game. We're not going to have to wait till next year to guess when he's leaving, it will be obvious over the next few months.
theres a portion of this board that views brimah as clumsy oaf that can barely walk and chew gum guy. they almost view him as adorable good story, not somebody with nba talent. not somebody they even want as their 5. not calling them out but they know who they are. brimah is gone by 2016 like it or not, depending on what happens in spring i wouldn't be surprised if it was earlier.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
this newrip has proven he nevereverrip he has no shot, j looks aimed, funky release which confirms aiming, we knowz he shook foul shots, his handle reeks slippage, he turnover mechanized, he board by default cause teammates run in woods to hide from contact (see purv), he not seize floor and only seeze amoeba cause he tall this man better stay quatre ans cause he need degree of first approximation magnitudnation estimation edukation enunciation excommunication

Did you know the Poughkeepsie Popper popped bricks in his two career NCAA games? A combined 10-34. Lost both games, including one when UConn barely reached 40 in a loss to Temple. The good old days weren't as good as you remember.

As long as we're talking about popping, you seem to have forgotten to take your coherency pills yet again.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Another rant from the country un-named
Some of your remarks (after minutes of translation efforts) are purely whacked.
So DHam can't shoot, can't handle, can't rebound and has no court vision.
Damn, you know what, I agree with you, I now wish he had decided on UCLA because he adds nothing to the team - nothing.
But in the end, his nothing is a hell of a lot more than what your rants like this add to the BY

you misread. chap at least gave him credit for rebounding but only by default because his teammates "run to the woods to hide from contact" most notably Purvis. LOL
730239dd1c5f367d9376be6289474bb34376c0f23bc6f11f522a30d410f2a13a.jpg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
It seem like they always run the alley to the right side of the rim. I wonder if teams are picking up on it and shifting accordingly.

Reaction Score
It seem like they always run the alley to the right side of the rim. I wonder if teams are picking up on it and shifting accordingly.
Yeah, I agree. I notice it, too, and so do other teams, of course. Maybe the Uconn guards, particularly Ham, could run the alley oop to the left side with Facey when he and Brimah are on the floor together to keep the other teams guessing. Since Facey is going to the basket anyway when the guards penetrate, this should not be very difficult, adding another option pass for the guards.

Reaction Score

Gort. Klaatu Barrada Nikto.

Reaction Score
Agree, this works against 6-6 front courts with teams > 100 RPI. Brimah scored a total of 8 points against Texas, Duke and Florida, so not much "feasting." He played good D against Florida down the stretch.

Reaction Score
Agree, this works against 6-6 front courts with teams > 100 RPI. Brimah scored a total of 8 points against Texas, Duke and Florida, so not much "feasting." He played good D against Florida down the stretch.
All we want from our posters just like what we want from the players is consistency and then we get this "He played good D against Florida down the stretch". Did 91 just dish out a compliment?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
All we want from our posters just like what we want from the players is consistency and then we get this "He played good D against Florida down the stretch". Did 91 just dish out a compliment?

It's like he's the Kentan Facey of posters! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32