Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Hamilton signs with Sam Goldfeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, and Ollie also told him he wasn't ready. So, either the kid is a delusional idiot or the coach that you think is perfect is, well, not.
I'm sure you think this is relevant to my post, and that it makes some sort of sense, but it isn't, and it doesn't.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and Ollie also told him he wasn't ready. So, either the kid is a delusional idiot or the coach that you think is perfect is, well, not.

Those are the only two possibilities you can think of? Nothing in between?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's hilarious how many fans here think these players owe them something, and take offense when a player makes a decision that conflicts with their fan experience. It's one thing to think Hamilton made the wrong decision (I think he did), but the level of vitriol is ridiculous. Daniel has done more for this university than any of you clowns calling him names. Give me a break.

Reaction Score
It's hilarious how many fans here think these players owe them something, and take offense when a player makes a decision that conflicts with their fan experience. It's one thing to think Hamilton made the wrong decision (I think he did), but the level of vitriol is ridiculous. Daniel has done more for this university than any of you clowns calling him names. Give me a break.
Agree mostly with your points, well said.

I think for some, his two years were filled with promise/potential and in 21 years of watching the Huskies, I ever have witnessed such a mentally weak player who gets down on himself so quickly and makes so many mental mistakes. I can unequivocally say, he's the most frustrating Husky I ever remember. So maybe others feel more free that he has moved on to just unload how frustrating his potential that was never realized because of his mental weakness and poor shooting. Further, fans were expecting a junior year DHam to put it together more and finally fulfill some of that promise that we would catch glimpses of from time to time.

The other thing is if that quote is accurate, it really is incendiary as he was super versatile yes, but really has no business putting himself above the greats like Donyell, Ray Allen, Caron, Emeka, Kemba, Shabazz et al.

I wish DHam the best, but KO knows the NBA and he went against him on this. I didn't begrudge Andre or Rudy or anyone over the years re: early entry.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

I think for some, his two years were filled with promise/potential and in 21 years of watching the Huskies, I ever have witnessed such a mentally weak player who gets down on himself so quickly and makes so many mental mistakes. I can unequivocally say, he's the most frustrating Husky I ever remember. So maybe others feel more free that he has moved on to just unload how frustrating his potential that was never realized because of his mental weakness and poor shooting. Further, fans were expecting a junior year DHam to put it together more and finally fulfill some of that promise that we would catch glimpses of from time to time.

The other thing is if that quote is accurate, it really is incendiary as he was super versatile yes, but really has no business putting himself above the greats like Donyell, Ray Allen, Caron, Emeka, Kemba, Shabazz et al.

I wish DHam the best, but KO knows the NBA and he went against him on this. I didn't begrudge Andre or Rudy or anyone over the years re: early entry.
You really think you can judge well enough from watching the games to call him "mentally weak"? Give it a rest. Your skills at deciphering body language aren't as sharp as you think.

Reaction Score

And exactly what quote indicates he's putting himself above greats like Donyell, Ray Allen, Caron, Emeka, Kemba, Shabazz et al?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I wish Daniel the best of luck. The same as I wished all of the UConn players who left the program.

Like anyone else I have personal preferences. Not that it matters to anyone else but as far as "Hamilton's" go I like Rip more than Daniel and Daniel more than Alexander.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I wish Daniel the best of luck. The same as I wished all of the UConn players who left the program.

Like anyone else I have personal preferences. Not that it matters to anyone else but as far as "Hamilton's" go I like Rip more than Daniel and Daniel more than Alexander.
And Alexander more than George.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
  • "I've been hearing first round, maybe second round," Hamilton said. "Wherever I get drafted, I'll be OK with it."
This says it.The kid believes he is getting drafted. Risky!

Reaction Score
But you still have to consider his "accomplishments" in the grand scheme of accomplishments of other UConn players. There are national championships, final four MOPs, first team all-americans, etc., that are vastly more impressive accomplishments than AAC tournament MVP. And, having already seen 7 other teams with Big East tournament wins, there are 7 guys with THAT tournament MVP on their resume, and the AAC tourney MVP has no chance of ever rising up that list from #8.

Furthermore, there are already 19 players honored with banners in Gampel. Hamilton is not going to be one of those guys. The irony is that most people saying he made a bad decision were basically hoping he could add his name to that list next year.

God, enough. Yes, you don't like the guy, you're bitter that he left too early. Move on. This is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
God, enough. Yes, you don't like the guy, you're bitter that he left too early. Move on. This is ridiculous.

No, I agree with deadrody. Hamilton's statistical analysis of the history of UConn basketball in advance of his off the cuff remark was far too incomplete.

Reaction Score
Ok Doctor Freud. Why don't you try and put words in my mouth or psycho-analyze me some more.

I'm not bitter in the least. I think it's a bad decision, period. And I do not have any like or dislike for Hamilton. Ridiculous indeed. I'm far more moved to post in response to idiocy - like yours - than in response to a player's performance or decision making. I stated my original thoughts on Hamilton's decision pages and pages ago. Now I'm just responding to stupidity. Again, like yours.

I'm also not responding to "Hamilton's statistical analysis" - hoo boy, the wit, it is strong - but to other posts from people that have the opportunity to consider his comments and then conclude, "Yeah, I agree, highly accomplished."

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Ok Doctor Freud. Why don't you try and put words in my mouth or psycho-analyze me some more.

I'm not bitter in the least. I think it's a bad decision, period. And I do not have any like or dislike for Hamilton. Ridiculous indeed. I'm far more moved to post in response to idiocy - like yours - than in response to a player's performance or decision making. I stated my original thoughts on Hamilton's decision pages and pages ago. Now I'm just responding to stupidity. Again, like yours.

I'm also not responding to "Hamilton's statistical analysis" - hoo boy, the wit, it is strong - but to other posts from people that have the opportunity to consider his comments and then conclude, "Yeah, I agree, highly accomplished."
Please don't disparage me when hitting Bruce.

Reaction Score
Come on, this is like a scene from the movie Bull Durham.

When a guy leaves college early there are 2 acceptable answers:
1. I need to provide for my family
2. I have accomplished everything I set out to do here.

In this case DHam said them both regardless of whether they were his real reasons for departing.

Maybe Dham thinks he ready for the NBA? Or maybe Dham hates college life? Or maybe Dham is unhappy at UConn? Who knows what the real reason are? There are plenty of other reasons which if said would be more hurtful than I'm leaving for my family and my work is done here. The point is the reason he is leaving really does not matter.

Bottom line is Dham may be making a mistake but he deserves better than an angry UConn fan base attacking him. Sure I think he is making a mistake and should have stayed another year but I am grateful he came to UConn and I wish him the best. Anything less just seems petty at this point.

Reaction Score

Most people are just saying "who gives a damn." It was a nothing comment. Get over it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

It is not vitriol when the consensus of the entire board is that he made a huge mistake. It is stating a fact.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Come on, this is like a scene from the movie Bull Durham.

When a guy leaves college early there are 2 acceptable answers:
1. I need to provide for my family
2. I have accomplished everything I set out to do here.

In this case DHam said them both regardless of whether they were his real reasons for departing.

Maybe Dham thinks he ready for the NBA? Or maybe Dham hates college life? Or maybe Dham is unhappy at UConn? Who knows what the real reason are? There are plenty of other reasons which if said would be more hurtful than I'm leaving for my family and my work is done here. The point is the reason he is leaving really does not matter.

Bottom line is Dham may be making a mistake but he deserves better than an angry UConn fan base attacking him. Sure I think he is making a mistake and should have stayed another year but I am grateful he came to UConn and I wish him the best. Anything less just seems petty at this point.

Every player that declares early says the same thing. Most of them are making the wrong decision.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It is not vitriol when the consensus of the entire board is that he made a huge mistake. It is stating a fact.

It is not vitriol when the consensus of the entire basketball universe is that he made a huge mistake. It is stating a fact

fixed it for you

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I love some of the narratives of people attempting to bash posters who are saying Hamilton made a mistake

"we're angry"
"we think he owes us something"
"we're selfish"

some simply can't understand "we think he has the potential to substantially improve his draft position"

I've (we've) seen tons of players leave early, and I don't have a problem with it if they're going to be a lottery pick (at least 1st round) and the coaching staff says it's time to go (our staff knows this stuff)

it's not rocket science

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I love some of the narratives of people attempting to bash posters who are saying Hamilton made a mistake

"we're angry"
"we think he owes us something"
"we're selfish"

some simply can't understand "we think he has the potential to substantially improve his draft position"

I've (we've) seen tons of players leave early, and I don't have a problem with it if they're going to be a lottery pick (at least 1st round) and the coaching staff says it's time to go (our staff knows this stuff)

it's not rocket science
Well said. You can't question a player's decision even though the coach, who should never be questioned or doubted, also said the kid should stay. There is this bizzare phenomenon on this board where people want to believe that no one, anywhere, ever does anything wrong. Even suggestions of Emmert having an agenda against UConn are met with snide "tin hat" like comments. Some of these people live in a world of rainbow farting Unicorns. In this case, Hamilton must have his reasons for leaving and we should all assume they are good reasons and he is making the right decision for himself, his family, UConn, The United States of America, the world and any aliens that might exist on other planets.

Reaction Score
It's also possible to withhold judgment until the draft happens. It's possible for him to get drafted AND also be true that staying a year would have helped him some. You're free to say you think it'll work out bad, but it's silly to suggest he has zero shot at being drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom