Hamilton D League Triple Double and Game winner | The Boneyard

Hamilton D League Triple Double and Game winner

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not sure he's a good enough shooter or athlete to play major min in the NBA, but he would've been great to have this year. Best of luck too him.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Hamilton on this team, without the AG and TL injuries, is an Elite 8 team (by seasons end, after our newly acquired signature "wtf?" Losses). The thing about Hamilton leaving unexpectedly was that his role and skill set almost perfectly fills this teams needs, especially the blaring flaws we saw in the first two against Wagner and Northeastern. His ball handling, distributing, and elite ability to start a fast break (which was supposed to be this roster's bread and butter) would have made us so much better. I think KO really wasn't expecting DHam to ever be gone this year, and his foundation piece was lost making him have to hit the drawing board again.

Reaction Score
I'm sorrry, but am I the only one that doesn't really think of this kid as a Husky or care much about his success? I'm not rooting against him by any means, just indifferent. He never came across as someone who truly cared about the program and it always felt like he was just here to put in his time and leave ASAP. He made a stupid decision leaving in my opinion and seemingly ignored all of the advice from Ollie, etc. I'm sure there are situations involved that I'm not privy too but it just felt idiotic to me. I know others have used UConn in the same way, and it happens in every major program but something about the kid when he was here just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Could be totally off base but just how I felt watching him for two years. Never felt invested to me like a Caron, Boone, Charlie V and others that were a a couple quick and done were.

Reaction Score
I'm sorrry, but am I the only one that doesn't really think of this kid as a Husky or care much about his success? I'm not rooting against him by any means, just indifferent. He never came across as someone who truly cared about the program and it always felt like he was just here to put in his time and leave ASAP. He made a stupid decision leaving in my opinion and seemingly ignored all of the advice from Ollie, etc. I'm sure there are situations involved that I'm not privy too but it just felt idiotic to me. I know others have used UConn in the same way, and it happens in every major program but something about the kid when he was here just kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Could be totally off base but just how I felt watching him for two years. Never felt invested to me like a Caron, Boone, Charlie V and others that were a a couple quick and done were.

You might be the only one.

Reaction Score
I get it. I have a hard time thinking of any guy who spent two years or less with the team as part of the UConn program.... they just aren't the guys who helped build it or sustain it. In some cases they left the team high and dry...taking years to recover.

A have couple of exceptions to my thinking, for guys who carried the load and left because they had to... Nadav and Caron.

Reaction Score
Daniel was a great player. Period. Sorry he did not have the best facial expressions for some people. He was a monster recruit who stayed with us despite constant rumors. Was he perfect no. Was he a sophomore yes. Many of our greats were not great their soph
year - some were, but most were not. Was he ready for the league, it seemed obvious to most of us that he was not, and unfortunately for him he was not. At the end of the day, he put up great numbers and always played hard and was also one of the few people who could bring out the best in AB. DHAM will not go down as one of the all-time husky greats, but if he had stayed for 4 years he would have without a doubt.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Those announcers live for NBA D League basketball.

Reaction Score
That's fine. I don't hate the kid or anything, just don't look back on him as a Husky the same way I look at others.

I love that you use CV as a counter-example. The kid would have skipped college altogether if he could have and couldn't wait to go to the league. He reps UConn hard now but he was as anxious to jump as anyone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He looks good. I'm happy for him.

Reaction Score
DHam will stick in the NBA.. He's a glue type player... does a little bit of everything.. Can give you some buckets when need be, but also rebounds, steals, assists, hustle plays...That's also what makes the NBA what it is... That guy nobody mentions but always seems to show up night in and night out....

Reaction Score
Daniel was a great player. Period. Sorry he did not have the best facial expressions for some people. He was a monster recruit who stayed with us despite constant rumors. Was he perfect no. Was he a sophomore yes. Many of our greats were not great their soph
year - some were, but most were not. Was he ready for the league, it seemed obvious to most of us that he was not, and unfortunately for him he was not. At the end of the day, he put up great numbers and always played hard and was also one of the few people who could bring out the best in AB. DHAM will not go down as one of the all-time husky greats, but if he had stayed for 4 years he would have without a doubt.
That word you're using - great - I don't think it means what you think it means.

Reaction Score
he looks good. He blew by a couple of defenders off the dribble which surprised me. Hamilton had trouble doing that at UConn. He definitely looks quicker and in great shape. He will have to able to shoot from the outside if he ever wants to play in the NBA though...and no idea how his defense is looking from these highlights.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
he looks good. He blew by a couple of defenders off the dribble which surprised me. Hamilton had trouble doing that at UConn. He definitely looks quicker and in great shape. He will have to able to shoot from the outside if he ever wants to play in the NBA though...and no idea how his defense is looking from these highlights.
That defense made Steve look good.

Reaction Score
Thanks but yes I meant great, at least for a sophomore. Ok, maybe a millimeter less than great. Does it really matter?
My point is the kid could really, really play and dominate a game in many areas and we were much much better with him
wearing blue and white. I'd love to see and compare the stat line of sophomore years between him and some of our great huskies during their soph seasons. Just a damn shame that he felt he was ready for the NBA this soon. He cost himself a lot of money
by leaving early.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom