Hamilton & Cassell Sign with UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamilton & Cassell Sign with UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The irony is that everyone was freaking the duckck out yesterday because Hamilton wasn't going to sign and wasn't fully "locked in".

So now he signs a nonbinding financial aid agreement and everyone is over the moon.

They were dumb to be freaking out. Equally dumb to be jazzed about an FAA. Go figure. Message board fail.

Reaction Score
I'm confused here. Did they sign letters of intent or another non binding agreement like a "grant in aid" thingy?
My guess is they signed that financial aid agreement document and not the LOI, which is becoming a trend. I don't think it's binding, but in Hamilton's case, it is a good sign.

After what happened with his brother, the family was unlikely going to sign an LOI, so signing the FA agreement is a sign of good faith that he wants to come here, but wants an out in the event that KO moves on or some other unforeseen personal issue pops up. I think this means that he's making a statement that he's not looking for a better college offer. I think we're good.

As for Lubin, I don't what what's up with him. I wonder if his LOI simply hasn't been fully processed. I hope that's the case, in that he sent it in time, but the NCAA hasn't processed it so that UConn can comment on it.

Reaction Score
I'm confused here. Did they sign letters of intent or another non binding agreement like a "grant in aid" thingy?
I'm under the belief that Cassell Jr. signed an LOI. Then Hamilton signed a scholarship paper or financial aid paper. Which means he can back out of his commitment at any time but will be here on scholarship.

Reaction Score
Thanks, so Cassell has signed for sure (LOI). Dham left himself an out by not signing a LOI, but did sign paperwork to lock in a scholarship if the event he follows through on his commitment.

Reaction Score
I'm under the belief that Cassell Jr. signed an LOI. Then Hamilton signed a scholarship paper or financial aid paper. Which means he can back out of his commitment at any time but will be here on scholarship.
3, any word on what's up with Lubin?

Reaction Score
3, any word on what's up with Lubin?
No. I've tried to get ahold of every connection I have to him and nothing. I don't want to sound negative but there's a chance another school may be in his ear.
3 is always ahead of the Horde:

David Borges‏@DaveBorges
To clarify, #UConn has a signed LOI from Sam Cassell, Jr., and a financial aid agreement from Daniel Hamilton.
Haha yes. Looks like Borges checked his twitter feed and saw my tweet that said that and he tweeted it out himself. Then every other person tweeted that out.

Reaction Score
No. I've tried to get ahold of every connection I have to him and nothing. I don't want to sound negative but there's a chance another school may be in his ear.

Maybe we are keeping Melvin Swift on the burner in case Lubin, not Hamilton, reneges.

Reaction Score
Zagoria is a clown, dude didn't talk to anyone and just off the wording off the press release said Cassell signed a financial aid agreement

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
noeyost: 760598 said:
Thanks, so Cassell has signed for sure (LOI). Dham left himself an out by not signing a LOI, but did sign paperwork to lock in a scholarship if the event he follows through on his commitment.
DHam must be getting advice from Scott Boras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog