Hamilton and Purvis | The Boneyard

Hamilton and Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Those two young men grew up and showed some stones. Hamilton played the worst game of his career and Rodney wasn't far behind and they both came up huge hitting clutch shots in the final 2 minutes. Those type of things show you the mettle of a ball player, some ups and downs with those kids but they are really good players and only getting better, so glad they are Huskies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Their defense and Hamiltons rebounding almost made up for their lack of offense. But they made shots when it counted, which is all that matters. Shrug this one off and play hard once more vs SMU.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Rodney actually had a decent game on offense as well. 5-11 I think.

Reaction Score
Superjohn, it took a whole season but I think they really showed UConn tenacity and moxie.

I am now much more confident about next year. Today those two showed proved they 'get it'.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Rodney has come awful big a lot the 2nd half of the year. There's something to this kid and I think we will see even more soon enough.

More of a diesel powered four wheel drive truck than a Ferrari, but as long as he's helping us win ball games, all is good in the world.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I actually have a pretty decent feeling about Hamilton tomorrow. When players have this bad a shooting night, it either gets to them or they regress back to the mean. Here's hoping for the latter.

Reaction Score
Those two young men grew up and showed some stones. Hamilton played the worst game of his career and Rodney wasn't far behind and they both came up huge hitting clutch shots in the final 2 minutes. Those type of things show you the mettle of a ball player, some ups and downs with those kids but they are really good players and only getting better, so glad they are Huskies.

I just wish they would be sure of themselves and confident. You can see them hesitate when your there at the game. There's no reason to because they obviously can score when need be. Just do it for 40.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I just wish they would be sure of themselves and confident. You can see them hesitate when your there at the game. There's no reason to because they obviously can score when need be. Just do it for 40.
Easier said then done.

I keep telling myself it's just a game. Enjoy it. And if I can't enjoy it relax and stay calm. And if I can't stay calm, keep the blood pressure down. And if I can't keep the blood pressure down stay under control. Since my wife has to wear noise elimination head phones every game you can understand the results. I've got at least 45 years on these young kids and I'm still trying to become Spock! Unless someone gives me a mind meld I'm stuck being McCoy!

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Both are learning that dumb plays kill you. They seem to be cutting down on bad decisions

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I've got at least 45 years on these young kids and I'm still trying to become Spock! Unless someone gives me a mind meld I'm stuck being McCoy!

Julie?

love-boat-julie-mccoy-cruise-director.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member