Hamidou Diallo Highlights Night 1 @ The Pangos All-American Camp | The Boneyard

Hamidou Diallo Highlights Night 1 @ The Pangos All-American Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All Dunking. All the Time.

His tapes remind me of the Drummond highlight videos in that his athleticism seemed so abnormal and at the same time effortless that it looks like he is playing on an 8 foot hoop. With drummond, ok he's 6'11, so that a bit to be expected.

But this kid is a 6'5 wing. Its really impressive.

Reaction Score
I would be more impressed if I didn't see that he was like 7 for 36 from 3 a while ago during a long weekend tourney. Can't help but love his athleticism but he better be able to make a up shot and/or have a great mid range game at 6'4" to make it big.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I would be more impressed if I didn't see that he was like 7 for 36 from 3 a while ago during a long weekend tourney. Can't help but love his athleticism but he better be able to make a up shot and/or have a great mid range game at 6'4" to make it big.

True, but man will it be nice to have some kids who can throw it down at the rim. I'm sick of (missed) layups.

Reaction Score
You can teach shooting, can't teach this type of explosiveness

C

Chief00

If teaching shooting was so easy - we would not have so many poor shooters - but I do get your point about not being to coach athleticism.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Man, those Jersey designs are atrocious.

Reaction Score
He's more than a year away from playing in a college game so there's plenty of time to improve the jumpshot. Plus, easily could have been an off shooting weekend. Doubt he shoots 19% from 3 all the time.

Reaction Score
He's more than a year away from playing in a college game so there's plenty of time to improve the jumpshot. Plus, easily could have been an off shooting weekend. Doubt he shoots 19% from 3 all the time.
His form is fine, which is the first thing to look at. So as long as that's there, it becomes a question of 1) reps (does he work to improve?) and 2) shot selection.

I've got no doubt on question 1 - the kid is supposedly a worker. On question 2... My guess is it'll come with time. Jalen, for example, is a very good shooter, but didn't know a good shot from a bad one until late February. Last 10 games of our season he was over 40% from 3; first 25ish he was around 20%.

Chances are that on the AAU circuit a kid like Diallo isn't being coached to be selective. Whoever lands him - hopefully us - will probably have to do some work in that regard. The good news given Cash's improvement is that Ollie can both recognize and address the issue.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You can teach shooting, can't teach this type of explosiveness

Very True
Better off having to work on the possible rather than the impossible- Scott Harrelson???
HD has the hops

Reaction Score
Hamidou still more potential than actual production. Jump shot has good form so makes you think it will come in the next couple years. Handle is solid too.

Something about his attitude when he plays rubs me the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom