hall player throwing punches | Page 2 | The Boneyard

hall player throwing punches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is why it's sometimes OK to punch people in the face.

What. You expect to stop attending the BET just because Connecticut is not there anymore? I'm taking two days off work just to enjoy all the sessions. Is the only time of the year where I can just watch basketball the entire day in NYC. Doesn't get any better.

Reaction Score
Count me in the minority, but I feel bad for Gibbs. He expressed genuine remorse. Unfortunately, a) people won't care and b) this is going to stick with him for a long, long time. Nowhere near Kermit Washington levels, but there will be a stain associated with his name.

Feeling bad after the fact doesn't help much. But this wasn't the biggest deal in the world. Hell, I thought Kermit Washington got screwed. If you run up on someone form behind while they are in a fight....you are probably going to get punched. It Rudy T's injuries hadn't been so bad I don't think people would have cared. Kermit got punished for the outcome, not the act in my opinion.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have seen worse in Rec games. Gibbs got too geeked and did something he shouldn't have. He will pay the price, and everyone will move on.

Reaction Score
What. You expect to stop attending the BET just because Connecticut is not there anymore? I'm taking two days off work just to enjoy all the sessions. Is the only time of the year where I can just watch basketball the entire day in NYC. Doesn't get any better.

You can attend whichever events you want. That's not what makes you an obnoxious tool.

Reaction Score
Good God some of you are sensitive. I'm sorry I inadvertently turned a throw-away remark into a another conference debate.

I'm actually one of the few UConn fans who roots for and supports the Big East. Even if UConn is never in it, I root for northeast basketball and I especially root for non-P5 schools. The Big East is a good conference this year and I've enjoyed watching it. That said, it doesn't get the exposure that any of the power conferences get, sans maybe the Pac 12. Seton Hall is an afterthought nationally and has been for some time. These are both variables working in Gibbs' favor as he tries to repair his image.

Reaction Score
You can LOL all you want at that "low profile conference" that is number 2 in RPI and is going to send 5 teams to the dance and has 3 in the top 25.
RPI=On the computer, National Championships=On the court. UConn has more national championships than all the current Big East teams combined.

Reaction Score
You can LOL all you want at that "low profile conference" that is number 2 in RPI and is going to send 5 teams to the dance and has 3 in the top 25.
Same can be said last year (RPI was not as high), and the NBE was an embarrassment in the postseason.

I know PC fans stop caring about basketball after selection sunday, but the rest of the country values March and April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom