hall player throwing punches | The Boneyard

hall player throwing punches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There was racial tension. It would be perceived as baggage though in a transfer situation. Therefor the denials.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Terrible move by Gibbs especially since hes a good baller and the leader of the team.. But def hated seeing Seth Davis and Jay Williams freak out and say he should be suspended for the rest of the season.. He only got a 2 game suspension, I thought it wouldve been 3 or 4... Its sports people get heated and make dumb decisions.. We have seen guys throw full on swings at players.. If he wouldve continued to hit him then that def is what the rest of the season suspension is made for.. ESPN all about making drama like all news stations

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Count me in the minority, but I feel bad for Gibbs. He expressed genuine remorse. Unfortunately, a) people won't care and b) this is going to stick with him for a long, long time. Nowhere near Kermit Washington levels, but there will be a stain associated with his name.

Reaction Score
We have all done stupid things we regret, this kid happens to be in the public eye. He accepted full responsibility and the Nova kid accepted his apology. He's getting the 2 game suspension, its time to move on.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We have all done stupid things we regret... its time to move on.

19crdog02m1qdgif.gif

Well, maybe "regret" is too strong a word :)

Reaction Score
Count me in the minority, but I feel bad for Gibbs. He expressed genuine remorse. Unfortunately, a) people won't care and b) this is going to stick with him for a long, long time. Nowhere near Kermit Washington levels, but there will be a stain associated with his name.

I don't think it will stick with him too long, to be honest. He plays at a low-profile school in a low-profile conference. The punch was bad but no so malicious that people will remember it forever. It will obviously be talked about for the rest of this season - which isn't long - and then by next year I bet it will blow over.

Reaction Score
I don't think it will stick with him too long, to be honest. He plays at a low-profile school in a low-profile conference. The punch was bad but no so malicious that people will remember it forever. It will obviously be talked about for the rest of this season - which isn't long - and then by next year I bet it will blow over.

LOOOL

Reaction Score

You can LOL all you want at that "low profile conference" that is number 2 in RPI and is going to send 5 teams to the dance and has 3 in the top 25.

Reaction Score
One of ours calling SH a "low profile conference" is like a guy in a giant glass castle using a catapult loaded with boulders. We're in the AAC. We should all have the decency and sense to not ever criticize another conference's status. Said differently, it should be obvious that you shouldn't attempt to look down your nose at somebody when you yourself are lying face down in the mud.

Regarding the "punch," it was more a forearm to the forehead - a bit of foreplay caused by lack of foresight, but, forthwith, the perpetrator offered a forthright apology, which was not forsaken by the forlorn victim, and, as such, this matter should be foreclosed. IE - not a big deal, and not like a standing punch.

Reaction Score
You can LOL all you want at that "low profile conference" that is number 2 in RPI and is going to send 5 teams to the dance and has 3 in the top 25.
Why don't you bring up your conferences good wins OOC instead of RPI when defending the Big East? Conference RPI is kind of a joke measurement, so it just makes you look dumb.

Reaction Score

Oh, thanks. We hadn't heard from you about the Big East's RPI in at least a week.

Just curious, were there Uconn fans on the PC board last year when the AAC had 5 teams in the top-25 at once?

Reaction Score
Not that it makes that kind of behavior acceptable by any means but if I remember right when we were playing Nova a few years ago Arcidiacono was a huge trash talker and I'm sure that was going on in full effect given the blowout.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why don't you bring up your conferences good wins OOC instead of RPI when defending the Big East? Conference RPI is kind of a joke measurement, so it just makes you look dumb.

It's funny, isn't it? When UConn was winning all those conference titles, the Big East was never very high in Conference RPI despite having the most teams go to the big dance in a given year. Mostly because of the PC's and the SH's of the world weighing us down.

Reaction Score

The Big East should be sending 6 teams not 5. the latest bracketology has Xavier and St. John's both in. If Xavier wins tonight against Cincy they have a even a better shot at the locking a bid.

Got My tickets for the BIG EAST TOURNEY!! Can't wait. It's gonna be fun

Reaction Score
Is there a concrete rule for punches to the face?

I get that hard fouls, say when a player is in the air, could be more dangerous, but I think punches to the face should be punished severely. He could've broken his nose with a cheapshot like that, or worse.

I wouldn't be against suspending him for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score

Low-profile conference? What does that make the AAC?

Reaction Score
The Big East should be sending 6 teams not 5. the latest bracketology has Xavier and St. John's both in. If Xavier wins tonight against Cincy they have a even a better shot at the locking a bid.

Got My tickets for the BIG EAST TOURNEY!! Can't wait. It's gonna be fun

This is why it's sometimes OK to punch people in the face.

Reaction Score
Low-profile conference? What does that make the AAC?

The conference of the reigning national champions. Go back to your dumpster board where we won't bother you.

I don't understand how people can go on another team's message board to try to talk trash. You're on another team's message board. You're already the most pathetic type of person.

Reaction Score
We all recognize that the AAC is a low profile conference. See: daily thread ripping AAC. Champs didn't compare the two conferences, he simply pointed out that SH is in a low profile conference as well. The AAC had better exposure, the NBE had better depth, but I don't think the future of either league looks good. And I'd stick take Gibbs in a heart beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom