Hall of Champions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hall of Champions

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Giant letter that say "Jim Calhoun" and then a tiny bust and plaque we can hardly read. Lots of blank space there. Should have done better for the GOAT!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It was open to the public for an hour after the Temple game last night.
My dad and I went to check it out--
It is truly incredible. It is very special when you walk in. First thing you see is an enormous glass case of the 14 crystal trophies for our 14 national championships. Certainly not something you see at any other school with the level of tradition in both the men's and women's programs. To the right is a room for the men, to the left the women. There is a huge list of the current roster outside each respective room. Massive, interactive screens everywhere, trophies left and right (Armed Forces classic-Ollie's first game, Thabeet defensive player of the year, Shabazz's Bob Cousy award, Big East trophies, and on and on). Beautiful modern look. Lots of tradition and history, and I can only imagine what a recruit thinks walking into that absolute shrine.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Shame this beautiful monument to something once great has been given the G5 death sentence. Worst part is in 25 years we will be lucky if some media outlet gives some attention to what happened in 2010 and calls some weak spines individuals out, but that probably won’t happen. Because if people care enough about UConn basketball to make a documentary about what happened, they probably would have spoken up during the slaughter, but I don’t recall hearing a peep. RIP.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Shame this beautiful monument to something once great has been given the G5 death sentence. Worst part is in 25 years we will be lucky if some media outlet gives some attention to what happened in 2010 and calls some weak spines individuals out, but that probably won’t happen. Because if people care enough about UConn basketball to make a documentary about what happened, they probably would have spoken up during the slaughter, but I don’t recall hearing a peep. RIP.

I'll forgive you if you hadn't noticed, but UConn basketball still exists, and some of us who consider ourselves UConn basketball fans have actually been following them pretty closely this year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was open to the public for an hour after the Temple game last night.
My dad and I went to check it out--
It is truly incredible. It is very special when you walk in. First thing you see is an enormous glass case of the 14 crystal trophies for our 14 national championships.
Don't we have 15 basketball national championships? Is one on back order?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Don't we have 15 basketball national championships? Is one on back order?
You're right- forgot we had 11 women's titles. They come in hot and fast. I must've miscounted.
It's hard having so many titles ugh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom