Hall / Johnnies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hall / Johnnies

Reaction Score
UConn v SJU and Creighton v Marquette/Nova is a glamorous BET semifinal. cant wait.
I think you're forgetting one key point. And that is....

Providence has just as good a chance as anyone!

Love how you just assumed it will be Creighton

Reaction Score
I think you're forgetting one key point. And that is....

Providence has just as good a chance as anyone!

Love how you just assumed it will be Creighton
it would also make the semis less fun if they upset creighton

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Drumguy were you in the marching band? Where did you live on campus? I lived in South Campus, Crandall B.
I lived in Lafayette in Towers. I wasn't in the Band, didn't play an instrument until I hit 40! The student seats were end of the court behind one basket. From Wiki as I didn't recall scores:
1974First Round
Quarterfinals
St. John's
Boston College
W 82–70
L 75–76

Reaction Score
I don't want a pushover.

Before the game I want to hear talking heads/opposing fan bases/haters saying "this team is good, they should be able to beat UConn" and afterwards saying "yeah, they blew out a lousy team, wait until they have to face someone good".

I want to win the tournament. I don't care who we play to do it.

Reaction Score
Correction to my previous post. We actually best St. John’s but lost to BC. I attended both games. Momentary brain fart attributable to getting old.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Correction to my previous post. We actually best St. John’s but lost to BC. I attended both games. Momentary brain fart attributable to getting old.
How could you forget how Dee Rowe blew that game?

Reaction Score
I know this will shock some people but you actually have to beat good teams to win the tournament. A Friday night game we should have a extre pep in our step and the fans will too.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I want to win the tournament. I don't care who we play to do it.
Don't get me wrong, if for example, we were to knock off St John's, then either Nova or PC to take the BE tournament, then march through the NCAA tournament without facing any seed higher than five or so, I wouldn't want to give the trophies back.

I want the titles. I do remember 2014 where the narrative was "you won't be able to handle Villanova" then "Iowa St's offense gives most teams nightmares" followed by "Michigan St is playing better than any school in the tournament" then Florida is the best team in the country, hasn't lost since the game at UConn early in the season and didn't have their best player".

My view is let them send the best they have at us. We'll beat them.

JBK

Reaction Score
No question that he is a great coach. However, that rant against his players was low class. Maybe that helped turn them around and maybe he just got lucky that they started playing well afterwards. Either way, there has to be a better way to inspire your team. He is a jerk and if I was a player, I would not want to play for him. I would much rather have someone like Hurley who you know has your back.
Old fashion coaching at is best and it seemed to work.
Hurley is building an incredible resume but his screaming at the refs all game must stop.
It’s embarrassing

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong, if for example, we were to knock off St John's, then either Nova or PC to take the BE tournament, then march through the NCAA tournament without facing any seed higher than five or so, I wouldn't want to give the trophies back.

I want the titles. I do remember 2014 where the narrative was "you won't be able to handle Villanova" then "Iowa St's offense gives most teams nightmares" followed by "Michigan St is playing better than any school in the tournament" then Florida is the best team in the country, hasn't lost since the game at UConn early in the season and didn't have their best player".

My view is let them send the best they have at us. We'll beat them.
I get what you are saying. I wanted Creighton in the BET final, but it wasn't meant to be.

Reaction Score
Creighton was soft as heck tonight Great effort by Providence. Not a big fan of Creighton style of play anyway.

Reaction Score
I lived in Lafayette in Towers. I wasn't in the Band, didn't play an instrument until I hit 40! The student seats were end of the court behind one basket. From Wiki as I didn't recall scores:
1974First Round
Quarterfinals
St. John's
Boston College
W 82–70
L 75–76
Lived in the brand new "Barbra Manor Apts.", We had a "designated driver", (before they were called "designated drivers") to the St. John's game on St. Patrick's Day, March 17. The City was Rockin' and Rollin', a wee bit of Green Beer and Whisky before and after the game at one of the local Blarney Stones. Standing room only, if you could even get into the bars around the Garden. Lines out the door, drinking on the sidewalks. Young and Fun.
R.I.P. Dee Rowe, Thanks for the Memories.
(BTW), Paul Berwanger, little used sub, grandson of Jay Berwanger, the 1st Heisman Trophy in 1936(?), hit a put back(?)layup at the buzzer to beat us against BC, bummer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom