Halfway through the 3rd quarter, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
leads OSU 58-21!

Reaction Score
Texas is looking tough.Love the 3 pointer's.
Defense quick and scrappy.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I noticed thatgame as it was going on too. Texas wins by 30 over a solid 12-2 OK State team.

Lady Horns are deserving in the moment of a #1 seed, though it will likely come down to who wins the Big XII. If Aston's squad does get a 1 seed, they probably avoid UConn, South Carolina, and/or ND in their bracket. Increases the chances of the Horns partying like it's 2003.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
That's the only other team besides Maryland that I think has the guards, the big's, the depth to compete w us at yr's end. And If soph Ariel Atkins improves and becomes the player I think she will by the end of the yr- they could be a force. I think they may match up well with us.

Reaction Score
Texas had 12 assists and 23 turnovers....as Alfred E Neuman would say....What- Me Worry?

Reaction Score
Baylor barely got by W.Virginia tonight.
Look forward to Texas and Baylor on Sunday.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor barely got by W.Virginia tonight.
Look forward to Texas and Baylor on Sunday.

First of all, let me say that WVU played one heck of a game last night. Carey had a great game plan and had his players working hard. They seemed to be a step ahead of Baylor to almost every loose ball. Baylor better play better in the game at WVU or they will come away with a loss.

My money is on UT in Sunday's game. Mulkey is still struggling to find a lineup that she likes and she substitutes at almost every opportunity. She doesn't even allow the team to gain any continuity or rhythm before she sends in a couple of subs.

In the game last night Kalani Brown was the leading scorer at the half and WVU didn't have an answer for her. Then she never saw the floor in the third quarter. I figured that Kalani would start the 3rd quarter based on her strong play in the first half. Kalani finished the game with 12 points in 12 minutes of play.

Mulkey is still trying to figure out what to do with Nina Davis this season. She keeps moving her from the 3 to the 4 and she is also completely out of rhythm and her numbers are reflecting it. She had 2 points against Kansas and 6 last night. Mulkey is trying to have two bigs on the floor at once and they are clogging up the lane for Davis to the point that she cannot maneuver and use her spin moves to her advantage.

I think Mulkey has more talent than she knows what to do with and until she figures it out Baylor is going to perform at a level that is well below the talent level. We should not be in the discussion of a 1 seed at this point.

Thank goodness for Alexis Jones and Niya Johnson! Jones has really turned things around since the OSU loss and is playing some great ball.

I predict Texas to win by 10+ points Sunday. I am not sure that all of those Baylor students will be happy that they took the scenic bus ride from Waco to Austin.

Reaction Score
First of all, let me say that WVU played one heck of a game last night. Carey had a great game plan and had his players working hard. They seemed to be a step ahead of Baylor to almost every loose ball. Baylor better play better in the game at WVU or they will come away with a loss.

My money is on UT in Sunday's game. Mulkey is still struggling to find a lineup that she likes and she substitutes at almost every opportunity. She doesn't even allow the team to gain any continuity or rhythm before she sends in a couple of subs.

In the game last night Kalani Brown was the leading scorer at the half and WVU didn't have an answer for her. Then she never saw the floor in the third quarter. I figured that Kalani would start the 3rd quarter based on her strong play in the first half. Kalani finished the game with 12 points in 12 minutes of play.

Mulkey is still trying to figure out what to do with Nina Davis this season. She keeps moving her from the 3 to the 4 and she is also completely out of rhythm and her numbers are reflecting it. She had 2 points against Kansas and 6 last night. Mulkey is trying to have two bigs on the floor at once and they are clogging up the lane for Davis to the point that she cannot maneuver and use her spin moves to her advantage.

I think Mulkey has more talent than she knows what to do with and until she figures it out Baylor is going to perform at a level that is well below the talent level. We should not be in the discussion of a 1 seed at this point.

Thank goodness for Alexis Jones and Niya Johnson! Jones has really turned things around since the OSU loss and is playing some great ball.

I predict Texas to win by 10+ points Sunday. I am not sure that all of those Baylor students will be happy that they took the scenic bus ride from Waco to Austin.
KM is a good coach - so do you think she gets the, "more talent the she knows what to do with" problem figured out by tournament time?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
KM is a good coach - so do you think she gets the, "more talent the she knows what to do with" problem figured out by tournament time?

That is a good question. She has three high quality posts in Brown, Mompremier and Cave and at some point is going to have to give one of them 30 minutes instead of trying to split the 40 minutes between the three. Davis is not going to be productive at the 3 position and Mulkey actually pulled Davis at a crucial time in the game against WVU in order to play two bigs and 3 guards.

I predicted in a previous AA thread that Davis would not be an AA this year due to the influx of post talent and that seems to be coming true unless things change. IMO, Kim needs to move Davis back to the 4 on a permanent basis, especially now that Prince is back from injury. The guard play needs to be split between Johnson, Jones, Wallace and Prince, with Davis getting 30+ minutes at the 4 with a brief break from Mompremier or Cave, with either Brown, Cave and Mompremier getting extended time at the 5 position.

She better figure this out before she gets Cox next season because playing time will be an even hard puzzle to solve.

Reaction Score
I'd love for someone to speculate on adding Cox to the line up. Can she score away from the basket? Can she guard another team's quick forward? Can Baylor play 2-3 bigs with a huge front line and deal with a good outside shooting team...and deal with a fast paced transition game? And, aside from proximity and health issues, why did Cox decide to go there?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'd love for someone to speculate on adding Cox to the line up. Can she score away from the basket? Can she guard another team's quick forward? Can Baylor play 2-3 bigs with a huge front line and deal with a good outside shooting team...and deal with a fast paced transition game? And, aside from proximity and health issues, why did Cox decide to go there?

Well, Cox clearly stated that Baylor was where she felt most comfortable after all of her visits, so I guess we already have the answer to the question. It was more than a basketball decision, she considered the entire college experience.

Cox is a good shooter out to the three point line, but can she continue to do that in college? And is she capable of guarding a DI forward? Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom