Half Way Point of the Season. Second Wind. | The Boneyard

Half Way Point of the Season. Second Wind.

Reaction Score
Y’all have played 15 out of 31 scheduled regular season games. Every team is tired at this point. Every team is at the halfway point. I’m posting on this board rather than the General board because UConn is not only tired, they are beat up too!

Look at yesterday’s games. All the major conference leaders struggled against mid level conference foes. (We looked almost apathetic yesterday) Everybody is mentally tired. Everybody who has played a decent schedule is mentally tired. Was Ohio State focused? Stanford? Notre Dame? Utah?

So, is it bad for you guys to take a week off after having played the toughest half season in the country? Is it bad to pause and get your mental second wind? Does it matter if you even make up the postponed game(s)? I say NO.

Even if you don’t make up the postponed conference games, SO WHAT? a conference championship won’t matter when selection time comes around. Not with your schedule.

Rest up. Heal. Get your minds focused for the remaining half season. Acknowledge the benefit of a game or even potentially a week of to rest bodies and minds.

Fans, get your second wind for the season too. I have NO doubt UConn will be a top 8 seed and little doubt it will be top 4.

@Tonyc : Rally the troops!

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It happens every year. I tried to remind folks but people get distracted by minutiae.

Most freshmen that have been playing a lot of minutes are hitting the freshman wall about now. They aren’t used to playing so many games a week and traveling the way college teams do. It’s one reason Geno doesn’t like to put too much pressure on freshmen early

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom