Hailey Von Lith | The Boneyard

Hailey Von Lith

Reaction Score
This young lady played remarkably well in the USA Championship game! It is mystifying how she got left off the Tournament All Star team.

The chemistry between Paige and Von Lith was noticeable and strong. Playing together; what a dynamic duo those two would make!!!

Any chance of seeing them pair-up in UConn uniforms?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I suppose there’s always a chance, but I would have to guess it would be doubtful. With UConn loaded with G/W’s including both Paige & Nika in her 2020 class, along with Saylor as well as the possibility of Azzi joining the party the following year, it could get extremely crowded in UConn’s backcourt. In addition, Storrs, CT is a long way from her home in Cashmere, WA.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This young lady played remarkably well in the USA Championship game! It is mystifying how she got left off the Tournament All Star team.

Von Lith was not consistent for much of the tournament. Her final game was her best which is great but she would not beat out Bueckers and Howard who were clearly the 2 best and most consistent players. And they are not going to name 3 of the 5 All Tournament players from one team anyway.

Reaction Score
Von Lith was not consistent for much of the tournament. Her final game was her best which is great but she would not beat out Bueckers and Howard who were clearly the 2 best and most consistent players. And they are not going to name 3 of the 5 All Tournament players from one team anyway.
That is very false.
- At the 2016 U17 World Championships, won by Australia, Monique Conti, Jasmine Simmons (Oregon State), and Ezi Magbegor all made the All-Tournament team. No one from the US made it.
- At the 2018 U17 World Championships, Haley Jones, Aliyah Boston, and Jordan Horston all made made it, Paige and Azzi were the only starters not to.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That is very false.
- At the 2016 U17 World Championships, won by Australia, Monique Conti, Jasmine Simmons (Oregon State), and Ezi Magbegor all made the All-Tournament team. No one from the US made it.
- At the 2018 U17 World Championships, Haley Jones, Aliyah Boston, and Jordan Horston all made made it, Paige and Azzi were the only starters not to.

Thanks for correcting me very thoroughly. :oops:

Reaction Score
Very impressive game for Hailey Van Lith. She made some big shots at big
moments.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith came up very clutch, which she is known for, she has ice in her veins and made a lot of key plays down the stretch to lead the US to victory. For most of the tournament she struggled a bit and Paige was easily having the better tourney. Walz was playing Van Lith extended minutes throughout (Jeff would love to feature her in Durr's role for the Cardinal) and that paid off in the final minutes and Overtime as the US was fortunate to come back to win. For much of the Gold Medal Game, Australia's Jazmin Shelley (whom also struggled much of the tourney) was looking like the better guard that would will her team to victory.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It’s Van Lith. She has loved UConn since she was a little kid, but our backcourt is crowded, as noted. Baylor appears to really want her, and both Oregon and Oregon State are options. If Geno still wants her and can figure out how to manage the guards, I’d be fine with that. I really like Hailey, but I expect to see her play someplace west of Storrs.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
I have a great feeling about Hailey Van Lith wearing the Orange & Black. GO TIGERS!

Had no idea she was heading to Princeton. :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Right colors. Wrong mammal.
Thanks. Fixed it.

Truth is, the princetonians are a cross between marsupials and troglodytes. Only
school I ever encountered that tried to cheat at cross country running. Now that Banghart has left, they have no redeeming virtues. :cool:

Reaction Score
I suppose there’s always a chance, but I would have to guess it would be doubtful. With UConn loaded with G/W’s including both Paige & Nika in her 2020 class, along with Saylor as well as the possibility of Azzi joining the party the following year, it could get extremely crowded in UConn’s backcourt. In addition, Storrs, CT is a long way from her home in Cashmere, WA.

Reaction Score
I have a great feeling about Hailey Van Lith wearing the Orange & Black. GO BEAVS!

That would be a great pickup for Oregon State. Slocum can mentor her next year and OSU has all those bigs. They need a stud guard.

Reaction Score
Baylor is getting her. I want her. She and Andrews could be a dynamic duo, with Gusters at the post.

Reaction Score
That was my dream backcourt (Page and Hailey Van Lith) but it does not seem realistic with all the great guards Geno got.

Reaction Score
Interesting comparison. Slocum and Hailey Van Lith are similar talented players, who I would describe as “shoot first” guards who, on occasion, force their offense.
Slocum can at times be shoot first (she was a very efficient scorer at 15.4 PPG at 46 FG%), but she is a heck of a distributor too. She's averaged 5.3 APG in her two years, and averaged 6.0 APG as a freshman and 4.5 as a sophomore (Crystal was at 5.9 APG as a junior and 4.6 APG for her career).

I'm not sure Van Lith will be as good of a distributor at the next level, but I do see similarities in their games. It actually will be interesting to see if Slocum returns for another year, as she was already draft eligible this year.

Reaction Score
Interesting comparison. Slocum and Hailey Van Lith are similar talented players, who I would describe as “shoot first” guards who, on occasion, force their offense.
Not being negative on your post BUT! Shoot first isn't always bad, even though Geno prefers pass pass pass to get the better shot.
Often times in this past year a good shoot first may have helped. When CW decided to do that against ND --well, the results speak.
If you take notice I LIKE most of what you write.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
From my vantage point with no skin in the game, it seems that Hailey Van Lith style as a physical get to the line guard a better fit for Baylor and Coach Mulkey (as a pretty fierce PG) can do a pretty good job with her. Rueck's style may be a bit too low key for Hailey Van Lith.

Reaction Score
From my vantage point with no skin in the game, it seems that Hailey Van Lith style as a physical get to the line guard a better fit for Baylor and Coach Mulkey (as a pretty fierce PG) can do a pretty good job with her. Rueck's style may be a bit too low key for Hailey Van Lith.
Not sure what you mean? Think back to some of OSU guards...Syd Weise comes to mind. Have you watched Mikayla Pivec (complete player that is tough as nails), Destiny Slocum? Again, not sure what you mean exactly?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom