Hail Hail The Team’s All Here! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hail Hail The Team’s All Here!

Reaction Score
I'm most looking forward to seeing Ice on the court. I selfishly feel like I am going to get Morgan Tuck nostalgia every time she takes the court.

I just feel like she is going to be the next in a long line of mobile sort of tall bigs that hold their ground on defense and use quick expert CD taught footwork to out maneuver bigger posts to score....

Reaction Score
I'm most looking forward to seeing Ice on the court. I selfishly feel like I am going to get Morgan Tuck nostalgia every time she takes the court.

I just feel like she is going to be the next in a long line of mobile sort of tall bigs that hold their ground on defense and use quick expert CD taught footwork to out maneuver bigger posts to score....
I share your sentiment. I think Ice is rather bigger than Morgan was, so is Aaliyah. But I still measure them against her. Morgan had excellent post moves and passed well from the low post.

As a freshman, Aaliyah scored easily in the post most of the season. Then, last year, she developed "layup-itis" and kept missing shots that used to be practically automatic. If she can recover that form, we'll all be thinking Morgan2.

And if Ice can bring her senior year form to D1 competition, we'll start thinking we have Morgan3.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think all our bigs are "mobile." I was always impressed to watch Dorka run the floor last year -- not the usual big trot, like you see with Kardoso or Key. She extends her legs. Liv sometimes ran like that, and Piath too. I wonder if Amari will run like Dorka.

Aaliyah and Ayanna are quicker than that. Aaliyah sprints down the floor. But neither of them is as quick as Aubrey was before the injury, and may be again. Paige used to claim (jokingly) that she was the fastest one in practice sprints, but everyone knew it was Aubrey.
There was a video Andrea Hudy posted of a sprints workout a while ago (Aubrey wasn’t participating she must’ve still been injured at that point) and Paige was indeed the fastest one.

Reaction Score
This is one good looking team! I have been chafing at the bit waiting for this team to play. It looks like we are finally tall enough to play with the biggies on other teams. From my prospective I see this team with scoring in excess and rebounding to match the other big teams. What we have in abundance is the UCONN way of playing and the wins and records from what it means to be a HUSKIE. I pray that they all remain healthy with no injuries or corona viruses of any kind. Am looking forward to a big winning season and another league championship and then on to the NCAA tournament. GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I share your sentiment. I think Ice is rather bigger than Morgan was, so is Aaliyah. But I still measure them against her. Morgan had excellent post moves and passed well from the low post.

As a freshman, Aaliyah scored easily in the post most of the season. Then, last year, she developed "layup-itis" and kept missing shots that used to be practically automatic. If she can recover that form, we'll all be thinking Morgan2.

And if Ice can bring her senior year form to D1 competition, we'll start thinking we have Morgan3.

When I think of Edwards I remember that putback she made of a Bueckers miss late in the Stanford game. When a player makes bigtime plays like that I don't worry about a missed layup.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think all our bigs are "mobile." I was always impressed to watch Dorka run the floor last year -- not the usual big trot, like you see with Kardoso or Key. She extends her legs. Liv sometimes ran like that, and Piath too. I wonder if Amari will run like Dorka.

Aaliyah and Ayanna are quicker than that. Aaliyah sprints down the floor. But neither of them is as quick as Aubrey was before the injury, and may be again. Paige used to claim (jokingly) that she was the fastest one in practice sprints, but everyone knew it was Aubrey.

When Aubrey and Mir were out, Paige was the winner of the sprints. And she bragged about it. But everyone knew she was really only 3rd fastest.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I miss KSL, DT, Pheesa , Sue,KML.

I've missed Maya for 11 years!

1661915265496.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads