GW (yes, an actual non-OT thread!) | The Boneyard

GW (yes, an actual non-OT thread!)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jen Rizz's husband Bill Sullivan is back as an assistant at GW. He left last year, ostensibly to better handle family responsibilities now that they are further from CT family.
I didn't realize he took a break from coaching, Thanks for the info.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm glad he is back. They seem to have it very worked out as a couple. Women head coaches has some things to work through to be sure.

“Get the hands-free nursing bra so you can work while you pump. It’s a game-changer.” — Lisa Fortier, Gonzaga head coach."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...s-moms-college-basketball-coaching/433014002/

You cannot escape @vowelguy

sinister laughter fading away.....
4335937-snidely_in_tv_series.jpg

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Jen Rizz's husband Bill Sullivan is back as an assistant at GW. He left last year, ostensibly to better handle family responsibilities now that they are further from CT family.

If Jen were working at UConn, Bill would not be able to work with her. It would be called nepotism. ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If Jen were working at UConn, Bill would not be able to work with her. It would be called nepotism. ;)

Wasn't there just an issue at UConn involving football coach and son?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Wasn't there just an issue at UConn involving football coach and son?

Yes indeed.Randy Edsall hired his son, Corey as an assistant football coach, with the blessing of UConn admin. It was in fact a condition in his contract. Connecticut Ethics board ruled the hiring a violation of state regs on nepotism, but permitted him to remain for one year. A member of the State legislature got an amendment added to a piece of legislation that made an exemption, not just for Coach Edsal's son but for an entire group that met certain conditions. That really riled the Ethics board and now it's in Court.
Your tax dollars at work! :confused:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yes indeed.Randy Edsall hired his son, Corey as an assistant football coach, with the blessing of UConn admin. It was in fact a condition in his contract. Connecticut Ethics board ruled the hiring a violation of state regs on nepotism, but permitted him to remain for one year. A member of the State legislature got an amendment added to a piece of legislation that made an exemption, not just for Coach Edsal's son but for an entire group that met certain conditions. That really riled the Ethics board and now it's in Court.
Your tax dollars at work! :confused:

You gotta love it!! :confused:

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I think I have this right....stand me corrected if I am wrong.

When Jen turned down an offer from BC a few years ago, one of the reasons was that BC was not going to allow her to have husband as an assistant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom