Guys: Boneyard = UConn board | The Boneyard

Guys: Boneyard = UConn board

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Please don’t try to turn this board into a neutral, general interest forum. I enjoy our visitors, for the most part, but we’ve had a surge of non-UConn fans that aren’t really contributing to the purpose of this board, which is to discuss UConn basketball. I’ve also had to put in a lot more work merging multiple non-UConn threads and changing thread subject headings. We’ve had fans leave, or nearly leave, because they don’t feel like this is a UConn board any more.

We might have to do something about the daily game threads. I’m spending way too much time weeding out snotty comments and banning bozos that probably ended up here after being chucked off their own boards. Maybe I’ll talk to @temery about another board.

While I’m ranting - no more Andra Espinoza-Hunter threads. I wish the young woman well but, geez, we talk about her more than Molly Bent or Kyla Irwin which is just wrong.

I do want to say that if I haven’t contacted you via PM, you’re fine. Please don’t feel this is directed at any one person. I’m just exasperated

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nan, I am totally new to message boards and not really computer smart. I do not know what PM stands for so I do not know if I have been contacted. I do realize this is a UConn board and that I am a visitor here. My understanding was as a visitor I should post new comments, not replying but new topic, to the Non UConn thread. Two questions, 1. What does PM mean and 2. How do I check to see if I have a PM?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A PM is a Personal Message or a type of email registered members can send to one another here on the Boneyard. If you get a PM, you’ll see an alert flag in the upper right hand side of your screen. I’ll send you a PM so you can see what it looks like. But don’t worry - if I thought you were ignoring a PM from me I would have found a way to get your attention

Reaction Score
A PM is a Personal Message or a type of email registered members can send to one another here on the Boneyard. If you get a PM, you’ll see an alert flag in the upper right hand side of your screen. I’ll send you a PM so you can see what it looks like. But don’t worry - if I thought you were ignoring a PM from me I would have found a way to get your attention
Got it, I have gotten the alerts from other BY posters just did not know those were PM. I want you guys to realize how much I enjoy the BY and I try to post with restraint when it comes to MSST but I am so proud of those guys sometimes my bias shows.

Reaction Score
Please don’t try to turn this board into a neutral, general interest forum. I enjoy our visitors, for the most part, but we’ve had a surge of non-UConn fans that aren’t really contributing to the purpose of this board, which is to discuss UConn basketball. I’ve also had to put in a lot more work merging multiple non-UConn threads and changing thread subject headings. We’ve had fans leave, or nearly leave, because they don’t feel like this is a UConn board any more.

We might have to do something about the daily game threads. I’m spending way too much time weeding out snotty comments and banning bozos that probably ended up here after being chucked off their own boards. Maybe I’ll talk to @temery about another board.

While I’m ranting - no more Andra Espinoza-Hunter threads. I wish the young woman well but, geez, we talk about her more than Molly Bent or Kyla Irwin which is just wrong.

I do want to say that if I haven’t contacted you via PM, you’re fine. Please don’t feel this is directed at any one person. I’m just exasperated
Nan: 2 thoughts on this posting

1. AEH is a never was --so why waste words on this board
2. Hurray hurray---I am ONLY a Uconn BB fan, 79 percent UCWBB fan ND has a board, Ms , vol nation, etc have boards. Admittedly, none with the knowled
ge found herein Thanks.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Nan, your frustration is understandable. I hope it brings you some satisfaction and calm to know that your efforts are truly appreciated and (mostly) respected by those who post here. I have been a participant and even a mod on some other boards, and the BY is clearly unique in civility and thoughtful posts as compared to those. You and the BY are a beacon in an otherwise dark space, which the Internet seems to have become.

Reaction Score
Got it, I have gotten the alerts from other BY posters just did not know those were PM. I want you guys to realize how much I enjoy the BY and I try to post with restraint when it comes to MSST but I am so proud of those guys sometimes my bias shows.

You are a breath of fresh air. Keep up the good posting and good luck down the stretch,

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Now that we've established that The Boneyard is intended above all to be a UConn board can we finally get back to bemoaning every close game as if it is an insult, treat every loss as if we need CPR and a warm blanket, and act as if every 5 star recruit would be best coached if they attended UConn? With the caveat that every one that chose to go elsewhere was either duped, received bad advice from their parents/advisors, or really wasn't UConn material?

Reaction Score
Now that we've established that The Boneyard is intended above all to be a UConn board can we finally get back to bemoaning every close game as if it is an insult, treat every loss as if we need CPR and a warm blanket, and act as if every 5 star recruit would be best coached if they attended UConn? With the caveat that every one that chose to go elsewhere was either duped, received bad advice from their parents/advisors, or really wasn't UConn material?
Maybe this should a prerequisite to swear to this for all posters to the BY.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Maybe this should a prerequisite to swear to this for all posters to the BY.
Once again I think my statement should have been followed with a :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Just as an example of what I think is more widespread, I've personally been coming here a lot this season because the neutral RebKell board has been awfully quiet. There seem to be a lot more non-UConn fans here than there. Not to mention that a lot of UConn fans here seem to enjoy discussing other teams. So there's much more of a critical mass here for conversations.

Of course we non-UConn fans should all be polite and not overwhelm this board! I've tried to be both polite and sparing with posts. And I don't start threads here.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just as an example of what I think is more widespread, I've personally been coming here a lot this season because the neutral RebKell board has been awfully quiet. There seem to be a lot more non-UConn fans here than there. Not to mention that a lot of UConn fans here seem to enjoy discussing other teams. So there's much more of a critical mass here for conversations.

Of course we non-UConn fans should all be polite and not overwhelm this board! I've tried to be both polite and sparing with posts. And I don't start threads here.
Again, if I haven’t contacted you, there’s been no problem with your posts.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I post here because this is the greatest collection of college WBB fans I have been able to find...and it's fun to interact with fans of other teams. We have a message board for NC State athletics...but except for the "bandwagon" fans who have taken an interest in the WBB team late in the season given their stellar year, there are only 2 or 3 of us who post regularly about the Wolfpack Women.

I also have a long, tangential relationship with The Boneyard. My late brother-in-law, despite living in NC, was a huge UCONN WBB fan, used to post here when he was alive, visited UCONN for one of the regionals shortly before he died and even had UCONN WBB mentioned in his obituary.

I hope I'm not causing undue stress on the board by posting things related to NC State.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I post here because this is the greatest collection of college WBB fans I have been able to find...and it's fun to interact with fans of other teams. We have a message board for NC State athletics...but except for the "bandwagon" fans who have taken an interest in the WBB team late in the season given their stellar year, there are only 2 or 3 of us who post regularly about the Wolfpack Women.

I also have a long, tangential relationship with The Boneyard. My late brother-in-law, despite living in NC, was a huge UCONN WBB fan, used to post here when he was alive, visited UCONN for one of the regionals shortly before he died and even had UCONN WBB mentioned in his obituary.

I hope I'm not causing undue stress on the board by posting things related to NC State.
Please see my response to CompSci. I don’t want anyone to leave or even stop posting. I just want UConn fans to come to the Boneyard and see a majority of UConn subject headings, not other schools.

Your posts are just fine

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Nan, newcomer here, and a fan of the Huskies when they're not playing my alma mater (I went to law school in Connecticut and got to catch a few games during my years in CT). Found this site and enjoy the wide-ranging fan bases for WBB across all the conferences - I find the fans here are more informed than anywhere else (including, often, the ESPN broadcasters...!)

Totally understand the desire to reduce the clutter - perhaps for this week with all the championships, it could be worth creating one thread for each of the major conferences, so all game and non-game related discussions of those conferences/games/players can be contained within 5 threads? In theory, that should swallow up everything but UConn related stuff, truly OT related stuff, and the bracketology/POY stuff (which necessarily involves UConn)? Just a suggestion. Thanks for all you do!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I guess I am in the minority here but I just don't understand why everytime I come to the UConn Women's Basketball forum, I have to wade through O.T. topics that are basically just news headlines from the non UConn Women's Basketball world. Today: a Vince Lombardi bio, Alex Trebek sadly has cancer, and King Kong Bundy (who???) sadly died. Now, all these stories have shown up in my news feed, where I go to actually browse the "news"! I don't come here to browse the "news". Maybe it's because of the lull between games or maybe it's totally unrelated, but if it is due to the lull, man, am I dreading next week and the time until the Big Dance starts.

I realize that the purpose of this thread is to basically make the posters here understand what this forum is for but jeesh...

I'm done bi*ching for now. Back to the UConn Women's Basketball/Headline News forum.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Nan, newcomer here, and a fan of the Huskies when they're not playing my alma mater (I went to law school in Connecticut and got to catch a few games during my years in CT). Found this site and enjoy the wide-ranging fan bases for WBB across all the conferences - I find the fans here are more informed than anywhere else (including, often, the ESPN broadcasters...!)

Totally understand the desire to reduce the clutter - perhaps for this week with all the championships, it could be worth creating one thread for each of the major conferences, so all game and non-game related discussions of those conferences/games/players can be contained within 5 threads? In theory, that should swallow up everything but UConn related stuff, truly OT related stuff, and the bracketology/POY stuff (which necessarily involves UConn)? Just a suggestion. Thanks for all you do!
FWIW I propose a single thread per day for all non-UConn games. This is how it's been happening lately, and no need to treat conference tournament week any differently. No need IMHO to have five separate threads hovering near the top of the board.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

FWIW I propose a single thread per day for all non-UConn games. This is how it's been happening lately, and no need to treat conference tournament week any differently. No need IMHO to have five separate threads hovering near the top of the board.
I’m working on a solution to the game/conference tourney threads. Soon, grasshopper

I guess I am in the minority here but I just don't understand why everytime I come to the UConn Women's Basketball forum, I have to wade through O.T. topics that are basically just news headlines from the non UConn Women's Basketball world. Today: a Vince Lombardi bio, Alex Trebek sadly has cancer, and King Kong Bundy (who???) sadly died. Now, all these stories have shown up in my news feed, where I go to actually browse the "news"! I don't come here to browse the "news". Maybe it's because of the lull between games or maybe it's totally unrelated, but if it is due to the lull, man, am I dreading next week and the time until the Big Dance starts.

I realize that the purpose of this thread is to basically make the posters here understand what this forum is for but jeesh...

I'm done bi*ching for now. Back to the UConn Women's Basketball/Headline News forum.
The Boneyard has always been a community so that includes having a little fun or sharing something interesting with our fellow fans. Some OT threads are ok but not too many on season. We’re trying to strike a balance here so you’re going to have to live with some OT stuff

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom