Gulp...Andy Katz tweet | The Boneyard

Gulp...Andy Katz tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"UConn still in the dark on ACC next move. Don't assume Huskies. Louisville is a serious player here to bump out UConn for 14th FB ACC spot"

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Note that he has no source.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
It's a toss up. And even though coaches ultimately do not have the last say, Rick Pitino has said several times he hates this conference shift and doesn't want to leave the BE...

Reaction Score
Not sure where UConn stands but am pretty sure they are not in the dark.

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino has been begging the B-12, and now the ACC for acceptance of Louisville. While saying this, he speaks of staying strong in the BE. Which way is it Rick???
Notice how quiet Rutgers has been since Syracuse & Pitt announced their departure from the BE last year. They knew the B1G was interested in them then. That's why they cleverly kept quiet.
Notice how noisy Louisville is (Read:Desperate) and how quiet UConn's admin. is (Hopefully Read: Confident)

Reaction Score
This is the worst possible time for this realignment to take place. Our football program is in the tter (and it's football that's driving this whole business), and even our basketball program, which would typically draw a lot of interest from a conference like the ACC, has an uncertain future.

Of course, I have no idea about the business side of things, but from a strictly athletic point of view, I can't think of a time in the last 10 years when we'd be less attractive.

Reaction Score
Pitino is a jackass. Dont let him fool you. Hes bashing the realignment but he wants out of the Big East in the worst way.

Reaction Score
Katz's previous tweet is more interesting. He wrote that WV bumped out Louisville from the Big12 and that UL was the first choice. No, Andy, it was the opposite way around. UL tried to bump out WV (the first choice) and failed.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
courtesy of the uconnblog...might let you breath a little easier...haha

ha, ha is right. UConnblog, Andy Katz. UConnblog, Andy Katz. I wonder who might have a better clue?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
ha, ha is right. UConnblog, Andy Katz. UConnblog, Andy Katz. I wonder who might have a better clue?

Uconnblog just restated the facts, they didn't say they had inside sources that Uconn was the school, or even in the lead. They just stated that Louisville hasn't been chosen, and until we hear otherwise, Uconn is the presumed leader while Louisville is still a legitimate contender.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Uconnblog just restated the facts, they didn't say they had inside sources that Uconn was the school, or even in the lead. They just stated that Louisville hasn't been chosen, and until we hear otherwise, Uconn is the presumed leader while Louisville is still a legitimate contender.
Actually, UConnblog made stuff up. Our AD was already aware of the UM/RU moves when he decided to push his flight to the VI earlier so he could catch the men's final. And he is staying there through the women's games as originally planned.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
How many Yarders are simply popping open the winter brews and calmly watching how this plays out? Regardless of how sad the football program is doing I confidently feel the athletic future of the Huskies will have this board hooting happily some day. Whether its ACC or Big 10 (my choice) it will be alright.

Reaction Score
How many Yarders are simply popping open the winter brews and calmly watching how this plays out? Regardless of how sad the football program is doing I confidently feel the athletic future of the Huskies will have this board hooting happily some day. Whether its ACC or Big 10 (my choice) it will be alright.
Dude it's 12:40 on a Tuesday.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What my doesn't see won't hurt him...

Reaction Score
It's a toss up. And even though coaches ultimately do not have the last say, Rick Pitino has said several times he hates this conference shift and doesn't want to leave the BE...
Unfortunately football drives the bus as we all know. Boeheim was very public in stating he hates the ACC move, and he had just about zero say in Syracuse's move. If Calhoun/Pitino/Dixon said they'd quit if they joined the ACC/B1G/whatever... the school would make the move anyway

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Unfortunately football drives the bus as we all know. Boeheim was very public in stating he hates the ACC move, and he had just about zero say in Syracuse's move. If Calhoun/Pitino/Dixon said they'd quit if they joined the ACC/B1G/whatever... the school would make the move anyway

I don't know if you heard but Jim Calhoun retired.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How many Yarders are simply popping open the winter brews and calmly watching how this plays out?
Dude it's 12:40 on a Tuesday.
What my doesn't see won't hurt him...
I read a lot of posts on this board today. I think this was my favorite sequence.

I remain amused thinking of words to fill in what Dove omitted in his reply:

Boss?

Boyfriend?

Warden?

Reaction Score
It was actually the conditional tense, but I understand what you mean.
Dat tense knowledge. You only get this brand of academic from UConn, ACC! You think a UL student would know that?

Reaction Score
"Rick Pitino has said several times he hates this conference shift and doesn't want to leave the BE...

Yeah right. Everybody in the BE loves the conference until they get an offer to go somewhere else.Then you will about the geographic craziness of the BE as they are running out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom