Guess who was responsible for Maya Moore's nutritional change? | The Boneyard

Guess who was responsible for Maya Moore's nutritional change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.stack.com/2014/10/31/maya-moore-sugar-nutrition/

I've read and heard about Maya's diet change, but hadn't seen who was responsible.

She made some changes in her diet (eliminated dairy and cut back on processed sugar) before the start of the last WNBA season and she credits that change with helping her take her game to the next level. Per the attached article, she spent three weeks living and training with Kara Lawson. She approached this with the same intensity that she approaches pretty much anything else in life: “I took tons of notes, pictures and videos of everything she was showing me,” Moore says of the experience. “I was really serious about this health challenge.”

“I knew that if she could do it for three weeks, the results would be there,” Lawson says. “Once she saw the positive changes in her health and her body, she’d be hooked.”

Kara is a great analyst on ESPN. She would also be a great coach if she pursues that path.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
http://www.stack.com/2014/10/31/maya-moore-sugar-nutrition/

I've read and heard about Maya's diet change, but hadn't seen who was responsible.

She made some changes in her diet (eliminated dairy and cut back on processed sugar) before the start of the last WNBA season and she credits that change with helping her take her game to the next level. Per the attached article, she spent three weeks living and training with Kara Lawson. She approached this with the same intensity that she approaches pretty much anything else in life: “I took tons of notes, pictures and videos of everything she was showing me,” Moore says of the experience. “I was really serious about this health challenge.”

“I knew that if she could do it for three weeks, the results would be there,” Lawson says. “Once she saw the positive changes in her health and her body, she’d be hooked.”

Kara is a great analyst on ESPN. She would also be a great coach if she pursues that path.

Removal of processed foods in general, though hard to do, has paid large benefits for me personally. And if I had to use sugar, I stick to the types that sit low on the glycemic index. It is amazing the difference you feel once the toxins are flushed out of your body and you only consume natural - for the lack of a better word - foodstuffs.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A little aside on the question of Maya's diet: I read that column and am equally impressed with Kara's influence in so many areas.

At a high school reunion party that was held in my wife's honor last evening in Beijing, everyone of the 60-something attendees knew who Maya Moore was and of her exploits in Shanxi (and that the team wouldn't have a chance w/o her).

Thought the 'Yard would
appreciate knowing that…checking out her surprising omission from the published roster…back on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom