Guarding Hopkins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Guarding Hopkins

Reaction Score
To my point in the last post, here’s a nugget. Five different players have been the leading scorer in a game for Providence in their last 6 games.

Reaction Score
To my point in the last post, here’s a nugget. Five different players have been the leading scorer in a game for Providence in their last 6 games.
Being alert on the off the ball screen action against Noah Locke will be important, too. He is like Hawkins-lite, he can go on scoring spurts.

Reaction Score
Who is going to guard hopkins tonight? I'm hoping jackson but I would love to throw multiple different schemes at him. Taking him out of the game is key to our success tonight

Reaction Score
Who is going to guard hopkins tonight? I'm hoping jackson but I would love to throw multiple different schemes at him. Taking him out of the game is key to our success tonight
it will be the most important factor sure, but Providence has other guys that can step up. As Billy Jack stated, they have had 5 different players that have been the lead scorer in a game. I have seen games were Locke has the hot hand and where Devin Carter is killing it.

Reaction Score
When we lost the last game, it was because we missed FTs (53%) and we missed 3’s (23%). Had we hit those at any kind of normal rate, we win the game. It would be easy to attribute the poor shooting to PC’s defense, but nobody’s guarding you when you’re shooting FTs. Our guys just didn’t have it that night; they were off. I’m hoping that they’re back to normal tonight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When we lost the last game, it was because we missed FTs (53%) and we missed 3’s (23%). Had we hit those at any kind of normal rate, we win the game. It would be easy to attribute the poor shooting to PC’s defense, but nobody’s guarding you when you’re shooting FTs. Our guys just didn’t have it that night; they were off. I’m hoping that they’re back to normal tonight.
Yes, but they lead most of the first half. UConn shoots poorly when they get abused and the refs don't make the calls and they get called for ticky tack stuff on the other end. The disparity was so absurd it took them completely out of their game and got in their heads. Should they be mentally tougher? Yes. But it was evident watching them that neither they nor the coach could understand what the hell the refs were doing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom