Gtown-total collapse | The Boneyard

Gtown-total collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How does JT3rd keep his job there??

I would be willing to bet they would love to part ways with him, but can't because his father built the program.

Reaction Score
Villanova is not a bad team (quite the opposite) and they are playing at home.

Reaction Score
Do people here still think GTown was a quality win or Gonzaga is a good team?

UConn is 3-7 against the top 5 AAC teams. Very fortunate Louisville and SMU open 2 tourney spots this year.

Reaction Score
Its a shame that Georgetown and Ohio St had down years because that would have helped our RPI and SOS if they were both in the top 50. The last time I checked, Georgtown was around 105 and Ohio St was around 80. It does not look like they will make the tournament obviously

Reaction Score

UConn is 3-7 against the top 5 AAC teams. Very fortunate Louisville and SMU open 2 tourney spots this year.

Gtown was playing well at the start of the season, they should of beaten the TERPS.

Reaction Score
Its a shame that Georgetown and Ohio St had down years because that would have helped our RPI and SOS if they were both in the top 50. The last time I checked, Georgtown was around 105 and Ohio St was around 80. It does not look like they will make the tournament obviously

We possibly won because they had down years?

Not that you are this, but how do we say anything about teams having total collapses. Didn't we choke up an 8 pt lead. Didn't we turn in a stinker against Houston and not show up against SMU and. . .

Reaction Score
Stones, glass houses, etc. Not a good time to poke fun, after Thursday, though schadenfreude is always tasty

And yes, this is my first post. Lurking for a while, though.
If you lacked the perspective to look beyond one game, sure the glass house comment would make sense. But the OPs point was more to the season and the program under JT3.

Gtown is 14-17 and has not seen the 2nd week of the tournament in almost a decade, considering we have 3 and 2 NCs in that time we are not in a glass house we are in the White House compared to them. So poke fun.

Reaction Score
Stones, glass houses, etc. Not a good time to poke fun, after Thursday, though schadenfreude is always tasty

And yes, this is my first post. Lurking for a while, though.
Happy to give you your first like. Totally agree. While we are poking fun at GTown, we should ridicule their lack of big-man development and their multitude of one-dimensional players.

Reaction Score
. . . considering we have 3 and 2 NCs in that time we are not in a glass house we are in the White House
Yeah sure, if you ignore our last two years of anemia and ineptitude, we are paragons.

But how many more years of referring to our past glory do we have before our skin starts to turn orange?

Reaction Score
Yeah sure, if you ignore our last two years of anemia and ineptitude, we are paragons.

But how many more years of referring to our past glory do we have before our skin starts to turn orange?
There has been 1 full season played since we won a national championship. One.

I mean I realize people here lack any perspective, but your post takes it to a whole new level.

Reaction Score
Then it'll be 2 seasons and you know how many programs would sign up to be 2 seasons removed from a national championship in hoops, a whole lot.
About as many as would sign up for multiple Helms trophies if the trade-off was sucking and falling out of relevance going forward.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Then it'll be 2 seasons and you know how many programs would sign up to be 2 seasons removed from a national championship in hoops, a whole lot.
save your breath and typing fingers - some people don't feel good unless they have someone/something that they can say - you stink

Reaction Score
You'll have that tortured stat for another week or two.
It is actually five week until the season is over, so your math and perspective are equally as impressive.

If you believe not winning a NC every other year means you are irrelevant and your program is in shambles then you have a lot more issues than your math skills.

Reaction Score

We got kind of got screwed this year with Gonzaga. Karnowski played against us and hasn't seen the floor since. They are a completely different team without him.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Live look in at TasteofUConn

crybaby-o.gif

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Well put. I agree.You cannot keep going back in time to excuse this year especially. "What have you done lately" seems to fit. Sad, but true. However, one more game and fingers crossed. Anything can happen.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I get your points. There may be a few that would sign up. But seriously. We are not playing well. We don't know what team or player is going to show up. AND this is a few days from a win. I haven't looked , which I should of before posting, but, did we get smacked by SMU worse than any other team in the AAC for this year? Just thought about it.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I get your points. There may be a few that would sign up. But seriously. We are not playing well. We don't know what team or player is going to show up. AND this is a few days from a win. I haven't looked , which I should of before posting, but, did we get smacked by SMU worse than any other team in the AAC for this year? Just thought about it.
That's not the point of my post. I'm not unaware after how bad we played against SMU, that was extremely painful to watch. Maybe you should go root for another team with taste if you think winning a national championship 2 seasons ago isnt enough. I'll still be a fan no matter what and will look forward to next season when this season officially ends.

Reaction Score
This is not about glass houses, throwing stones, baseballs in a china shop or any other nonsense, A serious question, if John Thompson had not built the program, would his son still be coaching this program???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom