GTown Thoughts | The Boneyard

GTown Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fun to watch UConn play vs an old BE foe, makes you miss those days as Palantine said

Phil
- not much more to say. He was excellent on the defensive end, especially in his help defense. Made 2 big FT's also as well as a nice put back. Not winnable for us without him stepping up in the this game.

Sterling - Wow, missed 3 FT's in a row in an otherwise very good game all around. Got to the rim, made some shots did well managing the team since he was the only actual "pg" out there most of the time.

DHam - Rebounded well, made a couple 3's early, still in love with the lob too much even without AB and played decent D. But we really will improve offensively just when he starts making some 5-12 footers, huge slump and he will be out of it soon. Cincy would be the right pick for that

Shonn - He's our inside presence and we still need to get him more looks. He played solid both ends in coming into his own, toughness is huge.

Omar - Got a start, guessing he's been practicing well. Made some nice drive n'dish low plays, threw a God awful pass to GTwon for a dunk. Missed his 2 open looks for 3 but played hard and rebounded a little and scrapped. Maybe a few too many minutes for my liking but it worked.

Rodney - great first half on both ends. The guy is strong and drives hard to the hoop but there's no doubt with a little more concentration he can finish more, even on the "and 1's" - seems to get lost after the whistle. While he was off 2nd half played hard on D and grabbed a couple big boards.

Kentan - Didn't get a lot of time due to Phils success but was okay. Glad he took that baseline jumper without hesitation although he missed (it was in) he looks good shooting it. Also got a couple boards but was not a physical threat for Hayes and Govan.

Jalen - husky magic must have taken him out for dinner, drinks and dancing last night. We need him to be more consistent although in reality he got lost on the bench and I thought still deserved more minutes. He was a threat to catch a seam and make a play as he is always so we need him to do that more often.

Steve - Love just seeing the little things that make you say "he's getting it" - the charge was a rwat read off the ball for him, an area he's struggled with. And he got a nice offensive rebound and fought for a couple others. On a team that doesn't off rebound that well he's going to bring that presence.

KO and Staff - Into the game, high passion visible. Some weird line ups at times but they had a handle I guess. No matter, KO did a nice job keeping the bigs fresh and the defense up at all times.

GTown - Weird team, obviously talented coming off a win over Xavier. I think our defense was so good at times we took them out of their sets. They have a talented perimeter but need Rivera and #1 to shoot it better - thought our guys did a good job getting out to contest. Also Cameron can shoot it but doesn't really like to put it in the floor so he was forced to a few times and couldn't get the shot off. Hayes gets away with murder but the refs were really good overall so I won't go there.

GREAT WIN

Reaction Score
Adams was benched in favor of playing sterling the entire second half. Why ? Who knows. You would think he would be inserted for playmaking purposes after we struggled to hit a field goal for like 10 min...

Maybe he liked going as big as possible vs gtown, but Adams has a good physical profile vs guys like peak or dsr. Overall I find kos sub pattern insanely spotty, like he's a mad scientist yanking guys back n forth ; many times he would pull purv, then immediately put him back in.

While I'm not a fan of his rotations, he's turned this team into a defensive juggernaut sans brimah... Incredible stuff. Really think they're gaining an identity as well as momentum out there, hopefully the lineups and minute distribution steadies .

Reaction Score
He pulled Adams for purvis and immediately reinserted Adams for injury reason. When Adams came out the trainer immediately started looking at his finger (probably jammed finger). After Dolan gave him the ok to go back in Ollie put Adams back in

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
What is Gtowns RPI?
Going into today's game, they were 77 RPI and 45 SOS.

For what it's worth, going into today's game, we were 65 RPI and 93 SOS.

Reaction Score
He pulled Adams for purvis and immediately reinserted Adams for injury reason. When Adams came out the trainer immediately started looking at his finger (probably jammed finger). After Dolan gave him the ok to go back in Ollie put Adams back in

Didn't he hurt it vs Houston noticeably t one point? Never came out but favored it and shook it a lot. Or maybe Tulane?

caw

Reaction Score
Going into today's game, they were 77 RPI and 45 SOS.

For what it's worth, going into today's game, we were 65 RPI and 93 SOS.

Up to 58 for us and 74 for them from what I see.

Reaction Score
he jammed one at the end of the Tulane game and was shaking it off

Reaction Score
Nice recap, Mau. I am really going to miss Shonn Miller next season. IMO he has been the most consistent building block of the season. Wish he got more touches.

Reaction Score
I thought they played really well in the first half. They had intense D that turned into a few offensive opportunities and only a few bad shots. They drove in the lane and passed we'll.
The second half was not as good but they played tough even though shots weren't falling.
Mau touched on RP finishing. It's something we miss from everyone except Miller this year and he's not one of the driving guards. Very rarely this year does a guard get hit and finish. Bazz and Boat were incredibly strong and gifted and it was something that added a lot to the chemistry, and points, to the game. I'm nitpicking but but it's noticeable this year.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Re: Phil N, every team needs a Soulymane Wane, a Charles Okawando; nice help defense, a couple points and rebounds, and a general presence on the floor that is an overall plus. When Brimah returns hopefully we get our Voskhul, Thabeet that these teams need too.
Edit: In hindsight this looks as if it's a thread hijack to start a Phil adoration festival... Just agreeing with your observation, thought he played his best and that helps the team win, no doubt. Steve Enoch set some solid picks, tree trunk solid, so well I could dribble to the basket (but likely still incapable of scoring).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good things happen with Miller getting the ball on the block. Threat to shoot and drive and draws a lot of eyes. Our few offensive boards tend to happen When he misses a baseline jumper.

Reaction Score
Re: Phil N, every team needs a Soulymane Wane, a Charles Okawando; nice help defense, a couple points and rebounds, and a general presence on the floor that is an overall plus. When Brimah returns hopefully we get our Voskhul, Thabeet that these teams need too.
Edit: In hindsight this looks as if it's a thread hijack to start a Phil adoration festival... Just agreeing with your observation, thought he played his best and that helps the team win, no doubt. Steve Enoch set some solid picks, tree trunk solid, so well I could dribble to the basket (but likely still incapable of scoring).

We don't have a Voskhul or Thabeet but if he's coming this is great news ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom