G'Town, 3rd best team in the BE? | The Boneyard

G'Town, 3rd best team in the BE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They've easily been the most impressive team in the BE thus far, here is there resume:

Lost by four to Kansas on a neutral floor (really it was about 90% kansas fans)

Beat Memphis on a neutral floor in OT

Won @ Alabama

I know it's early, but those are two legit top 20, maybe top 15 teams there in Alabama and Memphis.

Is it possible that Austin Freeman and Chis Wright fall under that "addition by subtraction" category, or have other guys just stepped up? That game @Georgetown later on this season is suddenly looking like one of our three toughest games.

Reaction Score
They look very good, and much better than I expected.

Who's #s 1 & 2?

Reaction Score
I don't think they're the 3rd best team in the BE... But I do agree with the addition by subtraction regarding Wright... I never understood why he was ever on the court - headcase, terrible decision maker, not a good leader, bad passer... What exactly did he ever bring? Freeman was a gamer, used to destroy Uconn when he was on...

I like Hollis a lot, Clark is good, and their freshman Porter is good too... But I'll take Louisville on the basis of much stringer PG play... G'town is also not very deep so I think they'll probably fade near the end as well...

Uconn
Cuse
Cincy
G'Town
Marq
WV

Reaction Score
Nope and as time goes by they might slide down the list even more. Right now you could argue that Quse (1) has been the best- followed by LVille(2).
I am not sure our play up till this point has justified the #3 spot but I am hoping for a break out type game this weekend so I will homer us in at #3.
At the 4 spot you could put in any one of Cinci, pitt (scum), Gtown, Marquette or even Nova depending on how the the games go this weekend.

Reaction Score
Have people paid any attention to Cinci so far? They're horrible.

Reaction Score
They play basketball? All I know about them is they stole Cleveland M from us- PE-TOOWEY!! I spit on them.

Reaction Score
And we stole Kemba from them!

Wait, what team are we talking about?!

Reaction Score
Cincy has looked like so far. Not sure what people see in them other than a middle of the pack Big East team. Pitt has not impressed thus far-they will get it together but losing Woodall hurts. Ville is good, but I'm still not quite sold. Pitino can coach em up, that's for sure. UConn is still the best team in my opinion, followed closely by Cuse.

Reaction Score
No. The win at Bama was by far their most impressive W this season. And I think it is very impressive, I am a big Bama believer this year.

Memphis and KU are not nearly as good as their opening rank. Memphis is very average.

Gtown is definitely better than I expected. Top 8? Yes. Top 5? Nope

UConn, Cuse, Ville, Pitt, and Marq are all better.

Reaction Score
I said before the season the Hoyas were way underrated and this team is only getting better, Clark, Thomspon, and Sims all have taken their games to new levels especially Sims. If you don't think this team is top 5 in a down Big East this year your crazy, they are tough on d can play multiple zones and press wouldn't be surprised if they beat us at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom