GT transfers eligible at Lou | The Boneyard

GT transfers eligible at Lou

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't understand why the Louisville's players request took only 30 days to approve, while others take Months. Holly was fired/replaced so why hasn't Westbrook's request been acted upon?

Reaction Score
Don't understand why the Louisville's players request took only 30 days to approve, while others take Months. Holly was fired/replaced so why hasn't Westbrook's request been acted upon?

Any time there is a mistreatment of players investigation, it is virtually guaranteed that the waiver will be granted. Warlick was not accused of any mistreatment, that is the difference.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am praying the NCAA makes a decision soon on Evina. Hopefully, they rule her Eligible to play this year. Evina transferred from Tennessee because Coach Holly Warlick was let go. If Coach Warlick was still coaching at Tennessee, unfortunately Evina would still be there.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Posted here since transfer eligibility is of particular interest.
First, thank you for posting this. I was going to post it, after I read it in 247 sports.

Reaction Score
I am praying the NCAA makes a decision soon on Evina. Hopefully, they rule her Eligible to play this year. Evina transferred from Tennessee because Coach Holly Warlick was let go. If Coach Warlick was still coaching at Tennessee, unfortunately Evina would still be there.
What?? Evina announced she was transferring before Holly was let go, and famously told a reporter that she felt there should be changes with the staff.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the fact that Evina was transferring before the coaching change is not in UConn’s favor. She can’t use the coach leaving as a reason for her transfer.

Mimi Collins on the other hand transferred as a result of Warlick’s firing, so the firing would work in Maryland’s favor.

Reaction Score
Yeah, the fact that Evina was transferring before the coaching change is not in UConn’s favor. She can’t use the coach leaving as a reason for her transfer.

Mimi Collins on the other hand transferred as a result of Warlick’s firing, so the firing would work in Maryland’s favor.

I am not sure what reasons were given in the request for Westbrook's waiver, but if I was her, I would have highlighted the "off the court issues" that Westbrook has mentioned, as well as the poor treatment that Westbrook received from the Tennessee fan base, as evidence of her reasons to transfer.

Reaction Score
I believe Westbrook put her name in the portal but did meet with the new coach. But she def didn’t transfer because Warlick got fired

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I rather have her available at the start of next year 20-21’

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMO to compete with Oregon for the National Championship UConn needs Westbrook to be eligible this year. She's a difference maker.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
That is not at all why Westbrook left,
It was a change in the Coaching Staff. Evina left after Coach Warlick was let go. Ok, she met with the new Head Coach, and decided for whatever reason Tennessee wasn't for her. The fact remain, it was after the change in Coaching staff.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't understand why you are saying it took only 30 days to approve. Balogun and Dixon decided to transfer to Louisville on April 15th, 2019. Their waiver could have been submitted way back then.
Additionally the GT report published on March 27, 2019 "document" abuse by the coaching staff to multiple players" Abuse is among the stated conditions for the NCAA to consider as it impacts the well being of the student athlete.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Before or after doesn't matter. A change in coaching staff is not a consideration of the NCAA for immediate eligibility unless the coach was fire for abuse which is the case for GT.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Don't understand why you are saying it took only 30 days to approve. Balogun and Dixon decided to transfer to Louisville on April 15th, 2019. Their waiver could have been submitted way back then.
Additionally the GT report published on March 27, 2019 "document" abuse by the coaching staff to multiple players" Abuse is among the stated conditions for the NCAA to consider as it impacts the well being of the student athlete.

The waivers were submitted at the end of September according to an August 29 story written by Jody Demling.

Walz said U of L filed the paperwork last week for Georgia Tech transfers Elizabeth Balogun and Liz Dixon to be immediately eligible.

“We just finished up all the paperwork and we hope to hear something in the next few weeks,” Walz told Cardinal Authority. “It’s something we didn’t want to do until we had everything completed because there’s no rush.”

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The waivers were submitted at the end of September according to an August 29 story written by Jody Demling.
Walz said U of L filed the paperwork last week for Georgia Tech transfers Elizabeth Balogun and Liz Dixon to be immediately eligible.
“We just finished up all the paperwork and we hope to hear something in the next few weeks,” Walz told Cardinal Authority. “It’s something we didn’t want to do until we had everything completed because there’s no rush.”
Thanks I had not read this. Still think with "documented abuse" at GT, we have to be careful of comparing this situation to Evina's/ UCONN-even the timelines.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom