GRRM Says He Is Struggling On Book Whatever | The Boneyard

GRRM Says He Is Struggling On Book Whatever

Reaction Score
I think he can just let the cat out of the bag and admit he's rich enough that he won't bother trying. It's kinda a water-is-wet admission now. I guess he needs to offer hope to the dummies dumb enough to buy his new prequel?

https://news.avclub.com/george-r-r-...in&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=SF

The good news is that the fire that’s perhaps been flickering these past several years is now burning brightly, as Martin says he’s making the book a priority. “The Winds of Winter is next,” he said, “then I’ll decide what comes after that – whether it’s to go on to A Dream of Spring, the last one, or whether I switch back into Fire and Blood II, do another Dunk and Egg story or two. But I’ll worry about that one thing at a time – that’s too far ahead.”

What a joke.

Reaction Score
He seems more interested in being a celebrity and whatever new prequel or spinoff TV show HBO is him over next.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I thought Winds of Winter was supposed to be the last.

Now he adds Dreams of Spring on which matters not one whit because neither are ever getting written anyway.

He might as well announce 17 more books in the series they wont get done either.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He was releasing chapters to the book 6 and 7 years ago, so he must have had some idea what he wanted to do with the book. I suspect that he wrote the vast majority of Winds of Winter years ago and it is utter garbage and he doesn't know what to do with it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He was releasing chapters to the book 6 and 7 years ago, so he must have had some idea what he wanted to do with the book. I suspect that he wrote the vast majority of Winds of Winter years ago and it is utter garbage and he doesn't know what to do with it.

Fat ass is doing NYC Pizza reviews these days. Anything to get out of writing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I stole this, but I think we've finally found a solution that could work for everyone:

This AI is so good at writing, its creators won’t release it

Designed by OpenAI, a nonprofit artificial intelligence research organization co-founded by the eccentric billionaire, the machine can take a piece of writing and spit out many more paragraphs in the same vein.

Called the GPT-2, it was trained on a dataset of 8 million web pages and is so good at mimicking the style and tone of a piece of writing that it has been described as a text version of deepfakes — the emerging AI-based video technology that can realistically replicate celebrities or world leaders in video footage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom