GRRM Says He Is Struggling On Book Whatever

I think he can just let the cat out of the bag and admit he's rich enough that he won't bother trying. It's kinda a water-is-wet admission now. I guess he needs to offer hope to the dummies dumb enough to buy his new prequel?

https://news.avclub.com/george-r-r-...in&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=SF

The good news is that the fire that’s perhaps been flickering these past several years is now burning brightly, as Martin says he’s making the book a priority. “The Winds of Winter is next,” he said, “then I’ll decide what comes after that – whether it’s to go on to A Dream of Spring, the last one, or whether I switch back into Fire and Blood II, do another Dunk and Egg story or two. But I’ll worry about that one thing at a time – that’s too far ahead.”

What a joke.

He seems more interested in being a celebrity and whatever new prequel or spinoff TV show HBO is him over next.

He seems more interested in being a celebrity and whatever new prequel or spinoff TV show HBO is him over next.
Yup. Television is where his passion has always been. He started off as a screen writer and only began A Game of Thrones because he hit a rough patch and became a failed screen writer. Which is fine. It's his life. But it is obnoxious to see him milking the novels with ghost written prequels. That's just a jagoff move while the main series is unfinished.

I thought Winds of Winter was supposed to be the last.

Now he adds Dreams of Spring on which matters not one whit because neither are ever getting written anyway.

He might as well announce 17 more books in the series they wont get done either.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
He was releasing chapters to the book 6 and 7 years ago, so he must have had some idea what he wanted to do with the book. I suspect that he wrote the vast majority of Winds of Winter years ago and it is utter garbage and he doesn't know what to do with it.

He was releasing chapters to the book 6 and 7 years ago, so he must have had some idea what he wanted to do with the book. I suspect that he wrote the vast majority of Winds of Winter years ago and it is utter garbage and he doesn't know what to do with it.
Fat ass is doing NYC Pizza reviews these days. Anything to get out of writing.