Griner | The Boneyard

Griner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Did Geno recruit or ever go after Britney Griner.

I'm going to, close my eyes, wince, and embrace the backlash that may come my way for not knowing this and asking such a question here.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, not in any serious way bewcause she verballed to Baylor as a sophomore in high school.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Oh ok, thanks. Was wondering about that for quite some time why someone like her wasn't at UCONN, Stanford, Tenn or any of the more well known Women's programs.

Reaction Score
Oh ok, thanks. Was wondering about that for quite some time why someone like her wasn't at UCONN, Stanford, Tenn or any of the more well known Women's programs.
That's now part of the NCAA investigation against Baylor. How dare they!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Baylor won the 2005 national championship, which was two years before her commitment to Baylor. Generally speaking, it's difficult to get Texas kids out of Texas (or Oklahoma for Dallas-area kids) if there are good local alternatives. UConn just this year got its first Texas recruit (2012 national #2 Moriah Jefferson).

Kids who have gone to, say, Stanford, out of Texas are more academically-oriented than Griner (judging from Griner's undergraduate major).

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Baylor was already a pretty well known program in women's basketball, especially after wining the NC in 2005. Griner's presence has now made them a VERY well know program, for some good and some bad reasons.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Griner, much like Sophia Young, was not very well known when Mulkey began her recruitment of her.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Griner was well known in HS, she had her own publicity person and had videos all over YouTube. As was highlighted by various recent articles, Kim was all over Griner and it would have been shocking if she went to another school. You're revising history.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Griner was well known in HS, she had her own publicity person and had videos all over YouTube. As was highlighted by various recent articles, Kim was all over Griner and it would have been shocking if she went to another school. You're revising history.

When Griner became a sension via YouTube, she had already committed to Baylor.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Cam

I knew about Griner before she committed to Baylor from YouTube and a SI Article which I'll link

SI.com - Link
YouTube - Link Also before Griner committed to Baylor.

I had even read articles/columns or fan boards about how Brittney's family had someone that was sending out publicity for her. At the time I was wondering if she was even going to go to college or play overseas. There have been questions about Brittney's recruitment to Baylor from the very beginning.

Not that this even matters now, as Brittney is a great college player and most likely will be a better pro player. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDfRzY2Vqw

When Griner became a sension via YouTube, she had already committed to Baylor.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
As much as I loathe the whole Mulkey thing (and I think it smells to high heaven) it will make it that much sweeter next season when UConn beats them :)

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
That's now part of the NCAA investigation against Baylor. How dare they!
She was on the same AAU team as Mulkey's daughter, Kim had been on her a long time, and most likely before she blew up. AND it is part of the NCAA investigation.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
She was on the same AAU team as Mulkey's daughter, Kim had been on her a long time, and most likely before she blew up. AND it is part of the NCAA investigation.

I think the correct terminology would be "was part of the NCAA investigation" instead of "is part of the NCAA investigation" as the word "is" would imply that it is ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom