Griner:. how suspension handled...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Talk is cheap
76.gif

Reaction Score
Waa waa waa.

Griner has had trouble controlling her temper since her time at Baylor and for all I know maybe prior to attending Baylor. The W might be better off if she did quit before she hurts someone while out of control, she is a lot bigger & stronger than many of her fellow players.

I'm not excusing Anigwe btw. We are all responsible for our actions and responses to provocations.

Reaction Score
Actually the league acted like it was intimidated. Griner only got one more game than the other two players involved. If they believe Griners actions and swinging at anyone close to her is worth only one more game than Anigwe backing up the entire time, then they are blind. She was the only one really throwing punches

Reaction Score
Actually the league acted like it was intimidated. Griner only got one more game than the other two players involved. If they believe Griners actions and swinging at anyone close to her is worth only one more game than Anigwe backing up the entire time, then they are blind. She was the only one really throwing punches

I thought Anigwe should have been suspended for the rest of the season, like anyone would really notice the difference. She tried to jerk Griner’s arm out of its socket and then gave a parting shot to Griner.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I was fine with the suspensions. I'm actually glad that Griner got one more game than the others after she ran her mouth threatening the league and didnt take any ownership for her actions.

Anigwe seems like a dirty player (not sure if that is a taboo phrase or not) but honestly she is pretty irrelevant in the W. She will probably be out of the league in the next couple of years.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I thought Anigwe should have been suspended for the rest of the season, like anyone would really notice the difference. She tried to jerk Griner’s arm out of its socket and then gave a parting shot to Griner.

The thing that's most telling for me is that Anigwe was running away from Griner BEFORE Griner ever turned toward her. Anigwe knew exactly what she was doing and exactly how Griner would react.

Reaction Score
Some of you speak as if Anigwe instigated this altercation. I watched the slow-mo video very closely and stop actioned it multiple times and came to the conclusion that Griner was on the offensive from the very start. She was out to get her pound of flesh from Anigwe long before Anigwe pulled on her arm after they were locked up. All of Anigwe's actions appear to have been in the context of getting away from a very angry Griner intent on inflicting punishment on her. I did not see the two other games that Griner says led up to this altercation, but Griner's statements validates what I saw in the video that portrays Griner as the aggressor from the very beginning. She was intent on getting her pound of flesh for what Griner says was dirty beyond normal play during their previous meetings. She came right out and said it wasn't just about this game.

It is in that context that the events need to be interpreted. The pulling of the arm was an extension of Anigwe unlocking her self from Griner. Even the downward slap could have been directed at what Griners, hidden by her body from the video was attempting to do. It was all done in a retreating motion and followed by Griners backhand to her face which well could have been another forearm to the head if she had been closer. I am sure their eyes were locked the entire time and Anigwe saw anger and what her intent was and it scared the cr@p out of her.

Whether Griner was justified in context to what happened in the previous games and in which nothing was done, is a different issue entirely. What is relevant in this thread is what happened exclusively during this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom