OT: - Grilling marinated meat | The Boneyard

OT: Grilling marinated meat

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Do you leave the marinade liquid on the outside of the meat, or wipe it off?

I just saw a cooking show saying to pat the meat dry to create a thin crust (might be the wrong word).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Usually pat or almost press it in before grilling. Nothing worse than marinating something all day and watching the sauce just leak under the grate.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I just saw a cooking show saying to pat the meat dry to create a thin crust (might be the wrong word).

what kind of meat?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
If the marinade isn't too oily, I'll leave some of it on. But if there's a big risk of it flaring up and catching fire, I'll wipe it off. I make a grilled salmon recipe that I've seen go up in flames too many times.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I mostly just make sure any bits of garlic and what not are wiped off. Don't like that burnt. But I wouldn't be adverse to giving it a patdown first to see if it's better. Never thought about it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I mostly just make sure any bits of garlic and what not are wiped off. Don't like that burnt. But I wouldn't be adverse to giving it a patdown first to see if it's better. Never thought about it.

The show said patting it down creates crust. Not patting it down makes the marinade boil and drip.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

I think it also depends on what whether you are cooking on cast iron or stainless steel. there is not as much room between cast iron grates and the meat that does touch gets seared in almost immediately.

Reaction Score
A marinade does nothing to chicken or meat,except flavor the surface.
Tough cuts of meat,braise or backyard smoker for hours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom