Gregg Marshall WSU vs. UConn postgame presser | The Boneyard

Gregg Marshall WSU vs. UConn postgame presser

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I imagine Marshall with, "Hey, can we join the Big East too? Ya know, split the league in half, and we'd be in the Midwest Division with Creighton, Marquette, Butler, DePaul, and Xavier."
Past this year, I have no eagerness to see any other AAC team scheduled

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting! Marshall always seems like a good guy.

It sucks that the AAC doesn't post highlight videos from their games on YouTube anymore. They did a bad job making the videos, but to not do anything at all anymore is pretty weak.
Meanwhile, Fox Sports has a running playlist of college basketball highlights for the 2019-2020 season on their YouTube channel. Currently at 151 videos.

Reaction Score

It sucks that the AAC doesn't post highlight videos from their games on YouTube anymore. They did a bad job making the videos, but to not do anything at all anymore is pretty weak.

They are doing everyone a favor by not posting anymore. No one is interested in watching this conference and as you noted they did a poor job with them.

Reaction Score
They are doing everyone a favor by not posting anymore. No one is interested in watching this conference and as you noted they did a poor job with them.
No doubt. That said, those videos have been useful to me in the past. Thinking specifically in terms of revisiting UConn losses that I have no intention of ever fully re-watching (i.e. @Wichita State last year, @Cincinnati last year) but that still have some fun plays and redeeming qualities. Yesterday's game would certainly fall in that category.

Meanwhile, Fox Sports has a running playlist of college basketball highlights for the 2019-2020 season on their YouTube channel. Currently at 151 videos.
Yep, can't wait to be covered like this next year. A small one of the many, many reasons to be excited about the Big East.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score

You are welcome. Yeah, I think Gregg Marshall is one of the best coaches in college basketball, not only because of his "x's and o's" but because of his character; I love that he gives credit to his opponents first, just as he did here. He had some encouraging and positive things to say about the Huskies and you could tell it was sincere. Hurley does the same thing as far as giving credit to the opponent first; that's a great attribute.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I still call it that out of habit and nostalgia
Most of the time I simply say the Civic Center
Same here...I often say "the Civic Center" but NEVER said/say "Veterans Memorial Coliseum", which it would often be referred to when the beloved Whalers played there.

Last edited:

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I'm seriously in with Wichita St. to the Big East - Midwest. It would be a league upgrade because Marshall has a winning program with no stars, one stars, whatever. He just wins.

Reaction Score
Chuckled a bit when Marshall referred to the XL. Center as the Hartford Civic Center
That was funny, but I really started to wonder why he would even know the place as the Hartford Civic Center? Its been XL for like 10 years now, and I don’t think he ever played there at any of his previous coaching stops.

Reaction Score
That was funny, but I really started to wonder why he would even know the place as the Hartford Civic Center? Its been XL for like 10 years now, and I don’t think he ever played there at any of his previous coaching stops.
Probably from all the Dead concerts he went to there in the 80s

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom