Greg Gregory | The Boneyard

Greg Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was fired at South Alabama on Dec 5th...if his name is coming up now P must be definitely moving through the list if candidates he compiled! Definitely not his 1st ir 2nd choice. I'm not to thrilled at HIS credentials other than his work at USF, and being fired at South Alabama is definitely a red flag in my book.

Reaction Score
I really liked Matt Grothe, and Gregory was his QB coach. Grothe was undersized, as are Cochran, Nebrich and Whitmer.

I like the idea that he's been an OC at the FBS level. I'd be just fine with this hire...

Reaction Score
I say let Deleone coach the QB's, RB and WR'S. That way he can add those titles to OC and OL coach. With Foley taking orders as TE coach Deleone can really be in charge.

Look for Brown to follow suit on defense.

I see coach P getting a box to watch the game with many of the CT coaches who love him.

Reaction Score
Nope, not hatin' on Coach P at all. Why don't you come out of the closet and go Full Terp? Why lead a life of denial?

Actually that was a dig at Deleone for pushing Foley out as OL coach. Big mistake IMHO.

I threw in the Brown comment to make the point that the new staff is slowly pushing out the old staff.

Threw in the coach P comment for laughs. Can't always be funny.

To be clear I do not hate Coach P but was not happy with some of the things he did this year, as were many others.

I hope he goes 13-0 every year and I will be rooting hard for him.

Stop stalking me.

Reaction Score
I think we got spoiled in that Coach P kept Edsall's staff except for Richardson and Johnson. Usually when there is a head coach change except for 1 or 2 coaches the entire staff is shown the door.

Reaction Score
I think we got spoiled in that Coach P kept Edsall's staff except for Richardson and Johnson. Usually when there is a head coach change except for 1 or 2 coaches the entire staff is shown the door.

He really didn't have a choice since it was such short notice. I think we see several more defections in the coming months.

I want the coach to feel comfortable with his staff, so I do not blame Coach P for assembling a staff that he feels will give UCONN the best chance to win.

As to Coach Foley moving positions, I am sure he will be working with the O Line quite a bit as well, as tight ends often practice with the O Lineman in blocking drills.

Reaction Score
He really didn't have a choice since it was such short notice. I think we see several more defections in the coming months.

I want the coach to feel comfortable with his staff, so I do not blame Coach P for assembling a staff that he feels will give UCONN the best chance to win.

As to Coach Foley moving positions, I am sure he will be working with the O Line quite a bit as well, as tight ends often practice with the O Lineman in blocking drills.

I agree with you about the staff...I was just trying to point out the fact that what happened with the staff was an exception rather than the rule.
I for one think there are at least 3-4 positional coaches that should move on starting with Cersosimo. As for Foley moving to TE coach and having responsibilities for Tackles...that is common...actually Dave McMichael had those responsibilities for a time while he was here.

Reaction Score
I agree with you about the staff...I was just trying to point out the fact that what happened with the staff was an exception rather than the rule.
I for one think there are at least 3-4 positional coaches that should move on starting with Cersosimo. As for Foley moving to TE coach and having responsibilities for Tackles...that is common...actually Dave McMichael had those responsibilities for a time while he was here.

Yep, definitely the exception. Most of the coaches Coach P wanted to call probably already lined up other jobs. Won't be the case in the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
I'm not to thrilled at HIS credentials other than his work at USF, and being fired at South Alabama is definitely a red flag in my book.

i don't know how much you can read into that. coaches fire people for any number of reasons, some are good, and some have nothing to do with their performance

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Nope, not hatin' on Coach P at all. Why don't you come out of the closet and go Full Terp? Why lead a life of denial?

That was cute actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score

LOL. Full Terp? Is that like Full Retard?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Actually, 'Full Terp' sounds a lot like 'Full Derp'.

Coincidence? I doubt it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22