OT: - Greetings from Serbia. | The Boneyard

OT: Greetings from Serbia.

Reaction Score
Hi guys,

The time difference has made it tough to be on here at the same time as most of you! Anyway, I switched regions and will be in Serbia until at least July, perhaps longer if I enjoy life in Belgrade. Funny thing is, I had a dream I was walking through the streets of Belgrade maybe six years ago. I woke up and my first instinct was to wonder, "Wait, is Belgrade in Serbia?" A few seconds later I asked myself, "Wait, why the heck am I dreaming about Serbia?" It was a vivid dream, with streets filled with trees and old architecture and just some unique old-world charm. Well, six years later I have the chance to live that dream so I am here to enjoy the country and hopefully a little bit of the region! So far the winter has been quite tough with a lot of fog, grey skies, and poor air quality but I see potential in this city looking amazing, perhaps like my dream, by March. Locals assure me of this!

People are very friendly here and there seems to be a lot of people who are into basketball. After I get my first paycheck I want to check out a local basketball game and perhaps scout for Mr. Hurley and help him find some undiscovered Serbian center (people are tall here and I have found way too many guys who tower over me and I am 6"1). I kid of course but just the same, I can not wait to check out a game here! The only downfall is it will be hard to see a majority of the UConn games but I have been able to see a few of the weekend games that start at noon or so.

So, I am sure some of you have been in the Balkans region, how did you find it?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have been there multiple times, hence my profile picture. Great city and yes the people are very tall. Please find us the next Jokic! Not sure if the soccer season will be in force while you're there, but if so you have to check out a Redstar (Cervena Zvezda) game. Insane atmosphere. Trying the cevapi and karadjordjeva snicla are a must. If you have any other questions let me know. Have FUN!

Reaction Score
Hi guys,

The time difference has made it tough to be on here at the same time as most of you! Anyway, I switched regions and will be in Serbia until at least July, perhaps longer if I enjoy life in Belgrade. Funny thing is, I had a dream I was walking through the streets of Belgrade maybe six years ago. I woke up and my first instinct was to wonder, "Wait, is Belgrade in Serbia?" A few seconds later I asked myself, "Wait, why the heck am I dreaming about Serbia?" It was a vivid dream, with streets filled with trees and old architecture and just some unique old-world charm. Well, six years later I have the chance to actually live that dream so I am here to enjoy the country and hopefully a little bit of the region! So far the winter has been quite tough with a lot of fog, grey skies, and poor air quality but I see potential in this city really looking amazing, perhaps like my dream, by March. Locals assure me of this!

People are very friendly here and there seems to be a lot of people who are into basketball. After I get my first paycheck I want to check out a local basketball game and perhaps scout for Mr. Hurley and help him find some undiscovered Serbian center (people are tall here and I have found way too many guys who tower over me and I am 6"1). I kid of course but just the same, I can not wait to check out a game here! The only downfall is it will be hard to see a majority of the UConn games but I have been able to see a few of the weekend games that start at noon or so.

Are you already expanding your hotel empire???

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Please make him a rebounding machine that can hit threes and run.
... with legs like tree trunks and a voice like thunder.

(Hey @Travelman32 , if you feel like it, post a picture or two from time time. I enjoy your descriptions of where you are what you are doing.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Never been to Serbia, but I have had really good experiences in Bulgaria, Croatia and Slovenia, but then again, that was in the 1980s and Yugoslavia was still around.

Reaction Score
Hi guys,

The time difference has made it tough to be on here at the same time as most of you! Anyway, I switched regions and will be in Serbia until at least July, perhaps longer if I enjoy life in Belgrade. Funny thing is, I had a dream I was walking through the streets of Belgrade maybe six years ago. I woke up and my first instinct was to wonder, "Wait, is Belgrade in Serbia?" A few seconds later I asked myself, "Wait, why the heck am I dreaming about Serbia?" It was a vivid dream, with streets filled with trees and old architecture and just some unique old-world charm. Well, six years later I have the chance to actually live that dream so I am here to enjoy the country and hopefully a little bit of the region! So far the winter has been quite tough with a lot of fog, grey skies, and poor air quality but I see potential in this city really looking amazing, perhaps like my dream, by March. Locals assure me of this!

Former Yugoslavia has the best ball players in the world outside of America. We need a big man and a shooter. If you can find us the next Jokic and Dražen it would be greatly appreciated. If you find us the next Doncic they will name the Gampel court after you.

Reaction Score
Have fun, travel safe but most importantly Travelman find that 6'10 Serbian center for us will ya?
I will keep my eyes peeled ;).
I have been there multiple times, hence my profile picture. Great city and yes the people are very tall. Please find us the next Jokic! Not sure if the soccer season will be in force while you're there, but if so you have to check out a Redstar (Cervena Zvezda) game. Insane atmosphere. Trying the cevapi and karadjordjeva snicla are a must. If you have any other questions let me know. Have FUN!
Cevapi is amazing, I am going to gain weight eating that! My buddy is coming to visit in a few weeks to see a match, I might go with him.

Never been to Serbia, but I have had really good experiences in Bulgaria, Croatia and Slovenia, but then again, that was in the 1980s and Yugoslavia was still around.
I've heard great things about all 3. I am especially interested in Bulgaria

Maybe you can find some under the radar offspring of Vlade Divac over there.
Could you imagine? I really think that Vlade had such an amazing feel for the game and also that his game would still do well even in 2020. Along with Jordan, Stockton, Kemp and Payton, one of my favorite players from that era.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Never been to Serbia
but I kinda like the music
say the ladies are insane there
and they sure know how to use it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member