Greetings from Iowa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Greetings from Iowa

Reaction Score
I've said it in other threads so forgive me, but Clark is going to score regardless, so UCONN can try to double her and hold her to 20+ but open up the rest of the team OR they can just let her get hers and know that they will win the other matchups. The second option seems like the way they should go.

As an Iowa fan, my biggest concern is that Czinano picks up two fouls right away. She's played against athletic bigs before with mixed success defensively (she'll be fine offensively).

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
They are an excellent offensive team across the board, but everyone‘s job is made easier by the constant threat Clark provides. Take her off the floor and they’d be more reliant on screens and ball movement to get shots, since nobody else can create shots the way she can.
Good scout. I guess that's why the book is 'you have to out score them'. I'm hoping they haven't really seen anyone play D like UConn.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I've said it in other threads so forgive me, but Clark is going to score regardless, so UCONN can try to double her and hold her to 20+ but open up the rest of the team OR they can just let her get hers and know that they will win the other matchups. The second option seems like the way they should go.

As an Iowa fan, my biggest concern is that Czinano picks up two fouls right away. She's played against athletic bigs before with mixed success defensively (she'll be fine offensively).
If Muhl is a no-go and we start big with ONO and Edwards then foul trouble is a potential issue for UConn as well. They've both gotten better over the season but ONO's been known to swat and Edwards can get a little overly aggressive both rebounding and trying to defend the perimeter. I'd hate to see the refs make themselves a factor with ticky-tacks, but if either team successfully works to get somebody sent to the bench, that's strategy.

Reaction Score
If Muhl is a no-go and we start big with ONO and Edwards then foul trouble is a potential issue for UConn as well. They've both gotten better over the season but ONO's been known to swat and Edwards can get a little overly aggressive both rebounding and trying to defend the perimeter. I'd hate to see the refs make themselves a factor with ticky-tacks, but if either team successfully works to get somebody sent to the bench, that's strategy.
Yeah that's a good point and interesting to note. Warnock is a mismatch at the PF as a smaller PF but she doesn't really draw fouls. Czinano doesn't really draw fouls either actually, so I don't think UCONN fans should be worried there unless it's over the back stuff. Iowa boxes out well so there could be something there, but more likely UCONN is just going to get a bunch of offensive rebounds.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Late to this thread, but I thought it was a really good game from both teams, and I thought the 10-15 point margin that held for most of the game was a true reflection of the talent disparity between the teams. Iowa has a bright future with a young team (Uconn is young as well!) and if you can pull in a few more good recruits the regional final will be a standard for the next three years at least.

Reaction Score
I think it was a great game. Iowa has a great future, they played us tough. We take our hats off to them they had a great season. I hope Geno starts a home and away series with them, Good luck Iowa. Thank you!!!

Reaction Score
Kind of a sign off post: thanks to all of you for your respectful and insightful comments. Clearly the best team won; 20 games, we might win one. Very proud of the performance by Marshall, Warnock, and Martin....they did not wilt at all. Tough to beat a team that is taller and quicker than you. Hawks played bravely and did not ever quit. This game will make us stronger. Good luck vs Baylor; play your game and you should have no problem returning to the Final Four! Once again, impressed with UConn nation and the womens program.

Reaction Score
Perhaps a H&H may happen. Not sure if this has been posted in this forum yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom