Greenwich Times : UConn has no intention to leave The Big East | The Boneyard

Greenwich Times : UConn has no intention to leave The Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

At this juncture, the source said that UConn has no plans to leave the Big East. The university has also been a member of the conference since its inception.
"I think we'd like to stay in the Big East,'' the source said. "It's made sense the last 30 years. I don't think there's any plans (to leave). With Texas Christian coming in next year ... as you know, the whole thing is driven by football.

:(
http://www.greenwichtime.com/uconn/...plans-to-leave-Big-East-with-news-2175865.php

Reaction Score

At this juncture, the source said that UConn has no plans to leave the Big East. The university has also been a member of the conference since its inception.
"I think we'd like to stay in the Big East,'' the source said. "It's made sense the last 30 years. I don't think there's any plans (to leave). With Texas Christian coming in next year ... as you know, the whole thing is driven by football.
That is good news, because everymtime a school says they have no intention of leaving, they are usually getting ready to leave.

http://www.greenwichtime.com/uconn/...plans-to-leave-Big-East-with-news-2175865.php

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is no way that source is anything more than someone on the video crew or an assistant for the women's soccer team. There is no way anyone who has a pulse is that clueless. Hell TCU pretty much has already said, yeah you don't need to hold our table, we found somewhere else for dinner.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
And this quote:

"I think the leadership of the Big East ... the presidents within the conference and the Big East conference office will handle everything they can do in the best interests of the Big East,'' Pasqualoni said.

Yes, the leadership is doing what is in the best interest of the Big East as it currently stands. Unfortunately, the Big East is not doing what is in the best interest of UConn or any of the football schools.

Hopefully this is just lip service and the UConn admin doesn't actually believe this crap. If so, we deserve what we are about to get.:eek:

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
That means yes we are leaving...

Louisville AD says Pitt/SU is a done deal....

Reaction Score
This is utter nonsense. UConn has to do what is best for UConn, we have one of the best athletic programs in the country. We have been great partners with the Big East always sticking by the basketball only schools even when it didn't make sense. It's a dog eat dog world now and we have to think big picture, the Big East is done and patching it together with a few new programs will not cut it.

Reaction Score
Not leaving the BE is code for UConn has no offers. Gosh I hope that's not the case. Big East football is dead man walking.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does anyone believe that someone from within the school is going to say anything at all (beyond the above canned statement)?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Pitt didn't say anything about leaving the Big East until last night when it was reported they were in talks with the ACC. A lot can happen from one day to the next.

Reaction Score
Reading he article could that "source" be anymore in the dark? The person seemed absolutely clueless and also didn't seem to care. Hopefully that was a history professor or Rebecca Lobo or something.

Reaction Score
Reading he article could that "source" be anymore in the dark? The person seemed absolutely clueless and also didn't seem to care. Hopefully that was a history professor or Rebecca Lobo or something.

??? HA - Burton!

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
We will jump at the chance to join the ACC and hopefully that chance comes tomorrow or Monday.

Reaction Score

The Greenwich Time? The Daily Campus is a bigger news operation. The "source" of this crap? Calhoun's gardner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom