Greenville Regional | The Boneyard

Greenville Regional

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Just bought 2 tickets for the Greenville Regional. Now, I need NC State to win enough to be placed there this coming season. I'm really hoping many of the teams represented on The Boneyard get sent to Greenville so I can meet some of y'all. I'm so glad the NCAA thinks highly enough of Greenville to make it one of the regional sites for the new format.

Reaction Score
Just bought 2 tickets for the Greenville Regional. Now, I need NC State to win enough to be placed there this coming season. I'm really hoping many of the teams represented on The Boneyard get sent to Greenville so I can meet some of y'all. I'm so glad the NCAA thinks highly enough of Greenville to make it one of the regional sites for the new format.
I have a feeling it will be the top east coast teams (East of the mississippi 1-6 seeds will automatically get put in greenville. The challenge will be for teams like Texas and Baylor , LSU , Arizona who if they are and most likely seeded 1-6 do you ship them to Washington or Greenville , likely greenville but there's a domino affect for other teams ranked near or the same if they are closer to greenville somebody is doing a lot of traveling.

Reaction Score
Purchased 3 tickets this morning. Live half hour away and excited to (hopefully) see Uconn play.:)

Reaction Score
Purchased 3 tickets this morning. Live half hour away and excited to (hopefully) see Uconn play.:)
Would possibly/probably mean a pre-final 4 rematch with SCar or Tennessee in one of the Eastern brackets.

Reaction Score
Was apple picking in the boonies when I got the email. By the time I got on all center court were gone. But we’re in the lower bowl . Hoping UConn makes it to Greenville.

Reaction Score
Would possibly/probably mean a pre-final 4 rematch with SCar or Tennessee in one of the Eastern brackets.
Hoping both are on opposite side of the brackets! Odds are very unlikely we’ll see Tennessee before the Final Four. They’ll both probably be in Greenville but they’ll likely play each other versus playing us.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I have a feeling it will be the top east coast teams (East of the mississippi 1-6 seeds will automatically get put in greenville. The challenge will be for teams like Texas and Baylor , LSU , Arizona who if they are and most likely seeded 1-6 do you ship them to Washington or Greenville , likely greenville but there's a domino affect for other teams ranked near or the same if they are closer to greenville somebody is doing a lot of traveling.
I don't know for sure how the committee will decide which schools to place in which of the 2 regional sites. Obviously, there will still be 4 regional brackets. And, I assume the #1 seeds in each bracket will be slated to go to the Regional closest to them. So, the rest of the teams who qualify for the Sweet 16 would go to the Regional site based on where the #1 seed in their bracket is slated.

If the #1 seeds are South Carolina, UConn, Stanford and Louisville, it makes perfect geographic sense that Stanford gets sent to Seattle. Only two of the other three #1 seeds (all in the Eastern time zone) can get sent to the Greenville, SC; that would have to be decided based on the who the committee ranked higher, I'd assume.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know for sure how the committee will decide which schools to place in which of the 2 regional sites. Obviously, there will still be 4 regional brackets. And, I assume the #1 seeds in each bracket will be slated to go to the Regional closest to them. So, the rest of the teams who qualify for the Sweet 16 would go to the Regional site based on where the #1 seed in their bracket is slated.

If the #1 seeds are South Carolina, UConn, Stanford and Louisville, it makes perfect geographic sense that Stanford gets sent to Seattle. Only two of the other three #1 seeds (all in the Eastern time zone) can get sent to the Greenville, SC; that would have to be decided based on the who the committee ranked higher, I'd assume.
4 brackets 2 locations . Greenville and Spokane so regardless of the brackets the travel will be a complaint during the tourney from some #1 seeds and likely 2-5 being misplaced or not placed closer due to a possible early matchup with a conference rival or an unmatched on the curve opponent. Im Anxious to see how this unfolds for teams not seeded the first 3 #1 seeds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom