greatest UCONN rb | Page 2 | The Boneyard

greatest UCONN rb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think TC or even Todman my have been the best, but the DON was the Greatest. You can argue "what if" TC hadn't gotten hurt against VT or "what if" JT played his senior year. How about, "what if" Donald played his senior year? What would have final numbers have looked like? I think Dreds is fourth then Brockington.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I have to go with Terry Caulley. Prior to his knee injury, TC was the most dynamic runner I ever saw at UConn.

Love love love Touchdown Terry!!

Where is he now?

Reaction Score
CAt: what is your comment on torkelson? i am interested

remember brian herosian , lefty starter on baseball team that tangled with tom seaver and so cal in clg world series; herosian played nfl; who was other lefty starter on that staff, something like jurasic or something, a real smooth southpaw as UCONN had fierce baseball team with 2-3 mlb type hurlers

i saw vinny many times and what i remember was full speed jukes with power back game; he was scary

wes i saw many times but only on tv; he very scary

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Even though by statistical data he wasn't the greatest UConn RB, I have to give a shout out to my senior year floor mate as well: Taber Small.

You would have never thought he was jock. He was so unassuming and down to Earth in school. Great person = Great RB in his case.

If you're on Twitter give him a follow (@tabersmall). He tweets out scouting information for college.

Reaction Score
CAt: what is your comment on torkelson? i am interested

remember brian herosian , lefty starter on baseball team that tangled with tom seaver and so cal in clg world series; herosian played nfl; who was other lefty starter on that staff, something like jurasic or something, a real smooth southpaw as UCONN had fierce baseball team with 2-3 mlb type hurlers

i saw vinny many times and what i remember was full speed jukes with power back game; he was scary

wes i saw many times but only on tv; he very scary
Baldwin was pretty good during that time, they also had one of the Basewicz<sp> twins from football. Matt Harvey's dad played about that time, played football also. Remember watching Herosian playing some college all-star game on TV, Senior Bowl, Shrine game something like that. There was also a guy from AIC who played in those games and ended playing some DB with the Colts I think.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
anyone remember running backs beanie herald and ray Jackson

beanie was from jersey, a specimen who had elamin hoop skills, was half back but to this day i cannot figure out why he did not play hoop, he was superstar on our belden intramural hoop team

ray Jackson , a bruising full back also on my floor in belden (both beanie and ray super nice dudes and super athletes who i recall did not like losing card games)

Reaction Score
correction: 1972 clg world series UCONN lost in 11 inning to southern cal with fred lynn of future redsox and roy smalley of future minn twins. UCONN beat texas 3-0 in 10 innings in 1st rd in Omaha and after heartbreaker in winners bracket to eventual natl champ s. cal, UCONN was eliminated by temple ( i saw this team extensively in live action and they were a couple of breaks from being natl champs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom